Axle nut cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
1. Hate the OEM fugly nut.
2. Replace the nut with a Nylock nut and use the stainless stealth cover and lock it into position.

Attachments

• IMG_2611 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2611 (Large).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2622 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2622 (Large).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 153
Yar fighting with details LOL
Good one, I ilke it!
Never to much stainless.

BTW, I was watching the news, everything good there?
Wasnt looked good tho...hope everything is ok!

very cool! does it come in black? heh

is it a different size nut than the oem one?

Finally got around to installing the cover on the 88 bike and I'll post a picture of the cover for the axle side when I get chance.

Attachments

• 010 (Large).jpg
    010 (Large).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 68
  • 013 (Large).jpg
    013 (Large).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 77
Looks cool. True those axel end look fugly. I have been looking for something in black but nothing yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Another "cost effective"(cheap) treatment for both ends of each axle.
These are the faux axle nuts taken from a plastic chrome-plated wheel cover. Each one was dremmeled out to the proper I.D. to fit each nut or axle end, then drilled and tapped for a set screw. A corresponding intent was drilled in each nut/end, to provide a more secure fit. They don't fall off.
Please forgive the dust on the bike. It's currently parked in a very active woodworking shop.
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1010780.jpg
    P1010780.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 58
  • P1010782.jpg
    P1010782.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 53
Looks great Jedi, much better than OEM. I look at my Max and target the next ugliest thing I'm changing. That nut and cotter pin, which I've cut my hand on, are high on the list along with the back light. Thanks to everyone for alternatives.
I'm thinking you made the cover?
punk0000.gif

Steve-o

Looks great Jedi, much better than OEM. I look at my Max and target the next ugliest thing I'm changing. That nut and cotter pin, which I've cut my hand on, are high on the list along with the back light. Thanks to everyone for alternatives.
I'm thinking you made the cover?
punk0000.gif

Steve-o

Yes I machine them. Made a few for Sean just recently so that's why I finally got around
to making an extra set for myself.

Last edited:
kinda feel stupid but better to ask...

Just noticed today my axle nut is getting loose. How do secure it properly? Thread glue?

I never give attention to it but there is only one nut right?

kinda feel stupid but better to ask...

Just noticed today my axle nut is getting loose. How do secure it properly? Thread glue?

I never give attention to it but there is only one nut right?

There is supposed to be a cotter pin going through the nut, stopping it from turning.

There is supposed to be a cotter pin going through the nut, stopping it from turning.

Thats the oldest versions. The newer ones use a self locking nut and not the castellated version with the cotter pin...

his '89 should have a castelated/cotter version..

Yeah ur right. This one is not self locking. I dont have the pin anymore. For now i just did put a small something to secure it but i'm not happy.
After the radial conversion i'm not sure a pin will be enough to secure it from moving.

Will the autolocking nut will be compatible? else i'll look for an alternative, maybe an extra nut.

Yeah ur right. This one is not self locking. I dont have the pin anymore. For now i just did put a small something to secure it but i'm not happy.
After the radial conversion i'm not sure a pin will be enough to secure it from moving.

Will the autolocking nut will be compatible? else i'll look for an alternative, maybe an extra nut.

i think you could easily just convert to a newer style axle with the newer style nut.

why would the radial conversion put more stress on the cotter pin? the cotter pin should be able to keep it from moving what so ever.

kinda neat, but the 29mm might be a bit too big?

The standard socket for a M18 nut is 27mm. Same for axle nut and swingarm pivot bolts.

Hahaha i know it's cheap. Guys forget that living in south asia makes what is easy to find for you a fucking big deal here hahaha. But I'll look at it. From your input I'll find a way :p

Latest posts

Back