B-King again....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I just talked to a guy out here at my plant that is a sponsored racer, professionally, for points, he runs full built stretched Turbo Busa's whatever class that is....

So he is a failry credible source....

He told me a buddy of his bought a B-king, stretched the swingarm (these guys usually run a 10-14" stretch or so) and did whatever they do to give it full timing advance in the lower gears.....Good rear tire, strapped the front and otherwise stock....

He's running consistent 9.30-940's on it:surprise:

I hope the new Max can pull that off.....

Rusty

Wow, thanks.

It doesn't take long looking at B-King video on youtube (from the rider's perspective) to make your mouth water.

The looks I can get used to, but the loss of the V-4 sound is much tougher to swallow.

I was oh, so close to getting one. I had the dealer down to $100 over cost...then the June 4 stuff popped up.

Tom

I just talked to a guy out here at my plant that is a sponsored racer, professionally, for points, he runs full built stretched Turbo Busa's whatever class that is....

So he is a failry credible source....

He told me a buddy of his bought a B-king, stretched the swingarm (these guys usually run a 10-14" stretch or so) and did whatever they do to give it full timing advance in the lower gears.....Good rear tire, strapped the front and otherwise stock....

He's running consistent 9.30-940's on it:surprise:

I hope the new Max can pull that off.....

Rusty

TRE Timing Retard Eliminator...

It's a full on Busa motor in a standard bike. Cool as shit!

That seems a bit slow with that kind of setup though... I know of a SV with a 6 inch over swingarm stock motor and exhaust and fueling running 9.75 which only have about 110bhp (480lb bike) at the wheel compared to a 550lb bike with 170+... Hmm...

I just searched on a Busa forum and the consensus from the guys that have them seems to be around 9.60-9.70 in completely stock, no strapped form.........

Are you guys talking about the B-Thing again.Ive seen 9 second VWs too,you want one? LoL

Hell no! Probably had a nice Weber carb and trombones for tail pipes. lol

Mmmmm, Burger King....whopper......ahhhhhhlloooo

Yea, the stock cans are nasty.

Those cars are running treaded tires and running through the water? :ummm: I'd do it dry (drive around it) so the tires don't grab that water and drop it at the line before going... Just my .02?

:biglaugh:

Those cars are running treaded tires and running through the water? :ummm: I'd do it dry (drive around it) so the tires don't grab that water and drop it at the line before going... Just my .02?

:biglaugh:

At our strip you drive around the box, back into it, pull forward out of it and then do the burnout.
You pull forward first so your burnout doesn't throw water all up in your wheel wells to drip on the line later.

The front tires should never see the water box.

Burnouts are done regulary on street legal Drag Radials, and they do benefit from it.

The line "nazi" will spank you pretty hard if you fuck it up; you won't do it twice....:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back