B-King now official

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first picture is the prototype they displayed and the second is the production model. Which looks better?

Attachments

• B-KING2_450.jpg
    B-KING2_450.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 6239_29090665812.jpg
    6239_29090665812.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 26
Here is a picture of them side by side. The prototype is on the left. The prototype looks more agressive although the released version doesn't look like there were many changes.

Attachments

• new max side by side.jpg
    new max side by side.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 22
I like the prototype better. One, it has smaller and better looking mufflers. I also like the front fender better because it's smaller and shows off more of the wheel. The headlight unit and wind screen bubble look better on the prototype too.

Is it permissible to say that this ugly bike doesn't come close to the original or future V-Max without hurting any-body's feelings? LOL

I think it looks enough like the Vmax prototype that it has stolen Yamahas thunder on the yet to be released Vmax.

If they do release the new Max the uneducated are going to be saying Yamaha copied the B-king

I think it's in the same love it or hate it camp as the Vmax too.......There are plenty out there that think the Vmax (new and old) are ugly too......

My guess is Yamaha is watching this very closely to see how it goes.

I hope Suzuki sells the crap out of these things so Yamaha doesn't get discouraged and dump the new Vmax becuase it's too wild a design.

Last edited:
First off whats with the name? it makes me hungry for a Whopper with cheese...lol

and it looks like a transformer, I wonder if its a good guy or a bad guy....lmao!!!!

wfcall said:
I think it looks enough like the Vmax prototype that it has stolen Yamahas thunder on the yet to be released Vmax.

If they do release the new Max the uneducated are going to be saying Yamaha copied the B-king

I think it's in the same love it or hate it camp as the Vmax too.......There are plenty out there that think the Vmax (new and old) are ugly too......

My guess is Yamaha is watching this very closely to see how it goes.

I hope Suzuki sells the crap oput of these things so Yamaha doesn't get discouraged and dump the new Vmax.
I agree, I remember when the VMax first came out I thought it was kind of ugly! It looked too lumpy and too "different" than what was currently offered... now I own one!!:doh:

I guess I just can't get past that super hump on the tank and the rear fender way up in the air. I see they have incorporated a set of scoops that resemble the Max's. Also it's just another in-line four like all the rest of the crotch rockets. Are there any specs out so we can judge just how mean this puppy will be?

mikemax04 said:
I guess I just can't get past that super hump on the tank and the rear fender way up in the air. I see they have incorporated a set of scoops that resemble the Max's. Also it's just another in-line four like all the rest of the crotch rockets. Are there any specs out so we can judge just how mean this puppy will be?

I know it's an inline 4 but I don't think it's fair top refer to the Hayabusa Motor as "just another inline 4"

It's an incredible piece of machinery. I've ridden a few Hayabusas and originally didn't think it was a bike I'd like but "goddamighty" it's hard not to appreciate such smooth, seamless, and huge power.....

Mr. Suzuki is gonna get his feeling hurt! :)

Last edited:
mikemax04 said:

It's the Busa motor in it so it is one mean puppy! It was more exciting when it was supercharged though!!:rocket bike:

wfcall said:
I know it's an inline 4 but I don't think it's fair top refer to the Hayabusa Motor as "just another inline 4"

It's an incredible piece of machinery. I've ridden a few Hayabusas and originally didn't think it was a bike I'd like but "goddamighty" it's hard not to appreciate such smooth, seamless, and huge power.....

Mr. Suzuki is gonna get his feeling hurt! :)
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. would never consider offending Mr. Suzuki. Not keeping up with the newest iron on the market but I'm learning. Have my head burried in the new Mr. Max which has me hypnotised.

I actually like aspects of it, but any bike where you have to wax the inside of the back fender to make the machine look clean is not for me. Why don't they raise the front fender a foot or so and go for the full dirt bike look? Nah, I'm secretely hoping the looks of the new Max strikes me the same way. The '07 I bought in October is paid for, and I don't want the monthlies it would take to buy another "new" one.

Forget the cheese, can you get the B-King with fries and a shake?

Last edited:
Chris, the new Max will probably cost in the range of 16-18K so don't feel bad about buying your 07. Just like with the original, some will buy it and then be afraid of it and will let it sit, meaning there will be some available in almost new condition for a lot less. It's a win/win situation.:eek:hyeah00:

Two things about this. Either it is competition for the Vmax or it's just somthing to compete with Honda's X-11 and Kawasaki's Z1000.

Looks more like a stock streetfighter rather than a pure muscle bike.

Back