B-King Opinions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redrum

Reaction score
I have always thought about getting a Hayabusa but I have had knees issues since I was a teen, they tell me NO WAY! Until getting my Vmax I never kept up on what motorcycles are out there. I just noticed there was a thing called a B-King. It looks like you could put highway pegs on this beast, lay the handlebars back, and perhaps I could ride it for more than 20 minutes at a time.

I’ve aways been into dirt bikes and like the idea of lighter and faster. It also looks relatively cheap and that fits nicely with me.

I know this is not necessarily a Hayabusa fan-boy forum so I wanted to get your thoughts. The Burger king looks are either loved or hated so let’s not go there. I am more of a practical person, so I don’t really care about the looks.

Thoughts?

I have one and I have no idea how you'd mount highway pegs on it but I do have dropped pegs using Buell footpegs and, given that it's got 'standard' handlebars, you could adjust the bars however you like.

Mine's mapped using Woolich and has a 'Busa base tune and runs a Brock's exhaust kit running into a cat delete and Two Brothers (not my choice but they came on the bike and I can't justify $1,300 for a Bodi's slip-on) and I can say it pulls nicely.

As far as looks, you either love them or you hate them but odds are good you won't pass another one on a ride anywhere.

2008 Suzuki B-King (Right Rear Detail 1).jpg

2008 Suzuki B-King (Left 2).jpg

I have one and I have no idea how you'd mount highway pegs on it but I do have dropped pegs using Buell footpegs and, given that it's got 'standard' handlebars, you could adjust the bars however you like.

As far as highway pegs I'm thinking the big thing is that there is no lower fairing in the way. I'm not going to put a lot of pressure on them just rest my legs and stretch them every once in a while. I've got metal, a TIG and torches. I can probably make something to attach to something. I made some for my 450 Nighthawk and they worked out well.

As far as highway pegs I'm thinking the big thing is that there is no lower fairing in the way. I'm not going to put a lot of pressure on them just rest my legs and stretch them every once in a while. I've got metal, a TIG and torches. I can probably make something to attach to something. I made some for my 450 Nighthawk and they worked out well.
If you're fabbing them then the sky's the limit...I'm a fan of he B-King but I'm obviously a little biased.

Being biased is OK on something you own. I know I bought a lot of things that I don't like.

Do you see anything in the way of putting highway pegs on it?

If I have to spread my legs like 4' apart that aint gonna work. I'm not some easy chick :)

A mates just traded his triumph storm for a B-king. Left leg above knee amputee so he's fitting his clicktronic gear change this weekend. He's been riding it around town in 3rd 😉

I have always thought about getting a Hayabusa but I have had knees issues since I was a teen, they tell me NO WAY! Until getting my Vmax I never kept up on what motorcycles are out there. I just noticed there was a thing called a B-King. It looks like you could put highway pegs on this beast, lay the handlebars back, and perhaps I could ride it for more than 20 minutes at a time.

I’ve aways been into dirt bikes and like the idea of lighter and faster. It also looks relatively cheap and that fits nicely with me.

I know this is not necessarily a Hayabusa fan-boy forum so I wanted to get your thoughts. The Burger king looks are either loved or hated so let’s not go there. I am more of a practical person, so I don’t really care about the looks.

Thoughts?
I’ll chime in because I have a little experience with sport bikes. I’m 54 and have knee trouble also. I bought a Kawasaki 7r awhile ago because I always wanted a 750. Went through it and it was running beautifully. Fast bike. Could never get used to the riding position. Knees and neck pain rack for me. Found a younger guy who wanted to trade for a 97 vmax. Worked out perfect for both of us.

Nothing hugely in the way but nowhere really good to mount them...I've seen some highway pegs for the Gen 2 that mounted to the engine cases and, in this case, I think that would be the route to go also. As long as the pegs folded you wouldn't have to worry too much about case/engine damage and they could double as sliders.

Here's the right side of the bike...and yes, I know there's a case bolt missing in that picture. Had to run a 'thread chaser' through it and the bolt has since been put in. ;)

BallZ Motorsports See-Through Clear Clutch Cover and Chrome Pressure Plate 1.jpg

And here's how the Sato Racing engine case sliders mounted...I would think you could do something like that for peg mounting also (left side is going to be similar). You might also be able to use the engine mount/pinch bolts that you can see in the upper right corner of the above picture if you wanted to go more up and forward.

Right Side Engine Case Cover with Sato Racing Slider 2.jpg

Thanks much for the details and photos!

I use folding pegs for my Nighthawk and that worked well. It was nice building them myself since I was able to put them exactly where they felt best. This will be a bit harder since there is no frame there, and I want them to not look homemade, I will take my time.

So, it looks like I'm going to have my eye out for a B-King.

If you have any suggestions on what to look out for (like popping out of second gear) I'm all ears!

I’ll chime in because I have a little experience with sport bikes. I’m 54 and have knee trouble also. I bought a Kawasaki 7r awhile ago because I always wanted a 750. Went through it and it was running beautifully. Fast bike. Could never get used to the riding position. Knees and neck pain rack for me. Found a younger guy who wanted to trade for a 97 vmax. Worked out perfect for both of us.

I've rode a few sport bikes but knowing that even sitting straight up can be a strain on my body I knew I'd better never get one. I'm not a fan of forward controls (like to be able to stand up in a hurry if I have to) but do need to stretch my legs after about 15 minutes.

Thanks much for the details and photos!

I use folding pegs for my Nighthawk and that worked well. It was nice building them myself since I was able to put them exactly where they felt best. This will be a bit harder since there is no frame there, and I want them to not look homemade, I will take my time.

So, it looks like I'm going to have my eye out for a B-King.

If you have any suggestions on what to look out for (like popping out of second gear) I'm all ears!
There was a recall on the rectifiers, in fact, I still have a replacement rectifier being held down at the dealer for me but outside of that they are fairly bulletproof. It's basically a Gen 2 'Busa engine and you can't get a whole lot more reliable than that.

Old thread but it might helps other here. I have a Bking tuned and Gen 2 Vmax. The Bking riding position if you get the lowering pegs (Buell) it is relax and more straight compared to an sport riding position. But nothing like Jim's highway pegs (here in the forum from Australia, great guy) on the Vmax for cruising. Both are beast of bikes but with the Vmax I can ride all day long with my legs extended. The Bking if you do not pay attention to the speed will get you in lots of trouble. The Vmax will give you that unique torque that not other bike will give you. The Bking is a very nimble bike and very fun monster if bike

Old thread but it might helps other here. I have a Bking tuned and Gen 2 Vmax. The Bking riding position if you get the lowering pegs (Buell) it is relax and more straight compared to an sport riding position. But nothing like Jim's highway pegs (here in the forum from Australia, great guy) on the Vmax for cruising. Both are beast of bikes but with the Vmax I can ride all day long with my legs extended. The Bking if you do not pay attention to the speed will get you in lots of trouble. The Vmax will give you that unique torque that not other bike will give you. The Bking is a very nimble bike and very fun monster if bike

I appreciate you digging up this old thread. I am still on the fence about getting a BKing. The VMax has been my dream bike but I am not a fan of how heavy it is. I now know my VMax and it has zero issues and runs great. I have 7 motorcycles now, some projects, and agree with the wife - If I get another one, one of the ones I have has got to go. The BKing seems super fast, but then again how fast do I need to go??? I just love getting to 60 MPH with the front wheel up most of the way. If I stumble across a good deal I imagine I'll get one.

I friend of mine really wants my Max. But it would kill him being a beginner and enthusiastic rider.

Sound great you got started with the Vmax. I see you are in FL like me. PM and you can try my Bking any time. Not better feeling than to find an excuse to go out and ride. It used to be the opposite and I regretted it, so now even my wife pushes me to go in every ride

One of my co-workers had a B-King, he liked it. I never rode with him, so I don't know how a First generation VMax would pair up against one. I think the styling is not appealing to me, but if I came by a deal, I might buy it for re-sale. My friends who work on Hyabusas at their shop could make one of those perform really-well compared to stock.

Sound great you got started with the Vmax. I see you are in FL like me. PM and you can try my Bking any time. Not better feeling than to find an excuse to go out and ride. It used to be the opposite and I regretted it, so now even my wife pushes me to go in every ride

That is VERY nice of you. Unfortunately I left Sunny Florida last Saturday for cold and windy Indiana. You see, I hate to admit it, but I'm one of those evil snowbirds, yes it's true. But I hope to be back next December, if the creek don't rise and the sun comes up. Hopefully we can get together for a ride then.

Unfortunately my VMax doesn't fit in the Toy Hauler so I'll be on an 1982 450 Nighthawk. Yea, girly beginner bike but it does get 56 MPG and will do close to 80. If the road is flat and no head winds :)

Hummmm, I wonder how long the BKing is, might be a reason to justify getting one if it fits the Toy Hauler.

Nice looking bikes!

Latest posts

Back