B-King Opinions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing the matter with a 450 Nighthawk, but you don't need my affirmation. I wasn't able to afford a bike until I was 20, and it was a 305 Scrambler. It might hit 80 mph, downhill. It did introduce me to off-road riding, and friends with whom to do it. I have a 305 Superhawk waiting its turn in the restoration queue.

When I was beginning my time on bikes, a Honda 350 twin, CB, CL, or SL was a great bike to have. One of my brothers had an SL and I liked that. Heavier than the comparable two-strokes (Kawasaki 350 Bighorn, Suzuki 400 Cyclone, or what I still have, a Yamaha 360 Enduro) for off-road riding but reliable.

Wondering Redrum what is the Toy Hauler? It's not a pick-up?

Wondering Redrum what is the Toy Hauler? It's not a pick-up?

It's usually a 5th wheel that hauls golf carts, sometimes a pull behind. I have a side loader that is kind of different/rare. I live and work in it for 3 months a year in the orange groves.

I have one similar to this one - - 2008 DUTCHMEN RV DENALI 330XRV-M5

The garage doubles as my work office with my Lazy-boy and a wall mounted monitor.

A shot of my office view, the 1982 Nighthawk (just recovered the seat), the rig and my Trailer Trash shot (before cleaning day)

Looks like a BKing is 3" shorter than the Vmax. I think it will fit!

I did haul the vmax in it one year but had to take the tail light off

Attachments

• 20240225_144537.jpg
    20240225_144537.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • OfficeView.jpg
    OfficeView.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240113_154116.jpg
    20240113_154116.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • TheRig.jpg
    TheRig.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
One of my co-workers had a B-King, he liked it. I never rode with him, so I don't know how a First generation VMax would pair up against one. I think the styling is not appealing to me, but if I came by a deal, I might buy it for re-sale. My friends who work on Hyabusas at their shop could make one of those perform really-well compared to stock.
A B-King, I'm confident, would absolutely walk a Gen1...it's 160-ish at the back wheel stock and they just go.
I appreciate you digging up this old thread. I am still on the fence about getting a BKing. The VMax has been my dream bike but I am not a fan of how heavy it is.
The one thing I do notice with it...it's wide and top-heavy. It's got a lot of weight up high and I especially notice it at lower speeds. I've done a fair bit to mine to lighten it but it's still a big girl.

A B-King, I'm confident, would absolutely walk a Gen1...it's 160-ish at the back wheel stock and they just go.

The one thing I do notice with it...it's wide and top-heavy. It's got a lot of weight up high and I especially notice it at lower speeds. I've done a fair bit to mine to lighten it but it's still a big girl.
I was just thinking about the wait too. It is heavy to move around, specially in grass.
Once it is moving and due to the position it becomes very easy and fun to ride but it is heavy to move around the garage. The Vmax, having the height down it is more predictable but the Bking if you are not careful and ready it might a little more complicated.

Back