Baby Max - Musclefied Fazer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Heres the latest project (along with all the others we are doing at the same time).

It started life in a box when we bought it a few years ago and has since evolved into what you see here. It is an 86 Fazer owned by one of my friends and shop help. He rode it with the 700 for a couple of years and we eventually decided to pump it up a bit.

Right now its 1039cc's with 6 speed conversion (fzr 1000 engines are normally 5 speed). It made 132 HP on the dyno this last fall and has run a best of 10.20 in the quarter. We should have it in the 9's this year with 2 step and air shifter. he may try for the 8.50 class and we have a good NOS system as well as a billet clutch basket with lockup if we go that route.

We converted the front and rear ends to FZR 600 stuff to get radials (and a slick for the rear) as well as better brakes. We also used the clip on bars to get the body position better for the track.

I recently made his tail section to convert it to solo seat and helped him pick the paint scheme. Some of the older guys will recognize who we honored with it. Those that don't know need to do a search for a man named Kenny Roberts.

We still have a lot of detail work to do to get it cleaned up the rest of the way and will actually be re-doing the seat to better match the lines of the paint.

Shawn K, give me a shout about getting some vinyl work done by you. Anyway, let me know what you think of the "baby max"!

Sean Morley
Morleys Muscle

Last edited:
I just had Luauna's fazer swingarm stretched 6" and we move her rear brake arm and caliper to the bottom.Its going to look good when we get it back together.

Me too!I was 19 in 86 and wanted a fazer but had to buy a radian instead.I liked it also.I think the radian was 1/2 as much as the fazer new.

I knew exactly what a vmax was when they came out.I had a hard on to get one ever since.Insurance was so high on them at first that not to many kids could afford one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back