Bacchus is Bacck

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Reaction score
hey all, been gone for a while and I am bacck !

needed some money to pay the tax man when the economy took a dump and I had to sell my vmax, but it went to a good home and she found a good home with elimax who promptly took her apart removed half of the stuff I had done and re-did the bike in his way... Kinda killed me at first but last time I saw the bike it was looking really awesome, he took the project to the next level so its all good..

anywayzz, just rolled a 1985 'Max into the garage an hour or so ago,:biglaugh: basically a bone stock '85 with 19k miles and in need of some lovin' mechanically.

she looks good but the trans aint real happy, will go into first and that is it. will not go past first. I was wondering what the vmax guru's on the site have to say about this condition and what I should be expecting as the work necessary to make repair and get this first year classic max back on the street. I hate to say it but I'm thinkin' that I will be needing to pull the motor and oper her up to get this fixed...

if anyone knows anything please post up !

--Bacchus

Dude, there is plenty on here using the "search"
function remember? Tranny and carb issues have got to be the most discussed topics next to electric gremlins. There is lots of encouraging news besides the whole teardown avenue. The Star washer fix is one I can think of that is easy and relatively inexpensive. Good to see you back and ressurecting a first year model. I wish more guys would do it instead parting them out.

Latest posts

Back