Back in the day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racerboy

Reaction score
I recall buying a chrome oil cap that was sold during the time when Yamaha had a huge glamorous catalog of aftermarket stuff. I wonder if any of the star bikes have a chrome piece that is threaded like the Vmax? So far, cannot find any. That black cap has got to go. Found a few on Ebay, but mostly used junk

Hey Sean,
The chrome pieces you had for me, are great, so I send ya my old OEM cap, and you jet me a chrome one?

Yes sir (or I sell you one outright since they are cheap anyway). BUT, if you eventually run with one of our jet kits that gets changed out for a billet one with venting.

Hi guys, still searching for a new chrome or new polished aluminum oil fill cap for my 2016 vmax. I’ve seen a few in on line photos that are chrome and others look like machined and cool. Might have been made overseas. It is threaded with m27/pitch 1.5 per online info. I had a royal star that had a chrome one but don’t know if it would fit. I called a Yamaha dealer but they had no idea. Mail order catalogs have them for other Yamaha’s but never a listing for the vmax. Can a paint stripper remove the black paint from my stock one then I could polish it on a buffer? Just a thought.

Back