Back to the drawing board

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Well, took apart my rear end on my bike and the final drive is fine. The shaft is fine going to the case but when I took apart the case, Holy Shit!! The chain that connected the gears blew into a thousand pieces! And even considering that the gears and shafts that Steve (Jedi) were still perfect! That impressed me! The chain was the only part that he reused from the MadMax design. I called Paul from MM and he said "I'm the ONLY one who can make those parts and nobody else knows what their doing" PALEEESE! He sure is full of himself. Then I said "well if your sooo great why did this fucking thing NEVER last even a thousand miles before it broke. Now he said the chain alone is $380 and it will break again cause he didn't make the gears. I'll post pics from my tapatalk app. I can see why it locked up and I'm lucky to even be here to write this. So I guess it's gotta be redesigned and I just hope it's not gonna be down long but I'll just have to see. My life blows!

Wow that does blow!!! Not even a thousand miles! What about PCW everytime I called jon he seems to be an awesome guy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Post the pictures up and let us have a look. I am sure we can come up with something. I wish I could be there to physically see and make visual measurements.

Todd

Just thought of something, why even in neutral it was still locking up after I came to a stop? Shouldn't it have been freed up in the tranny and why would the output shaft still wanna turn if in neutral and or the clutch pulled in cause it didn't matter when I was trying to stop. Clutch in or out didn't matter. Or could something else also be wrong inside the tranny? I'm open to all theory's. god I hope not.

can you you turn the output shaft now while in neutral? wondering if things were just bound up, like if you try to shift on a bike that doesn't have the engine on, ya know?

i sure hope so too.

Yea Garrett, I think your right I forgot that after I pulled that case and swingarm I did turn the output shaft in neutral and it did move back and forth. Whew, sorry I'm still a little frazzled over all this and as you can probably tell by my rambling posts. That does make sense how you said about how it don't wanna shift when it's off and I'm sure that's what it was but ill check it again when I get home in a bit. Thanks

Yea Garrett, I think your right I forgot that after I pulled that case and swingarm I did turn the output shaft in neutral and it did move back and forth. Whew, sorry I'm still a little frazzled over all this and as you can probably tell by my rambling posts. That does make sense how you said about how it don't wanna shift when it's off and I'm sure that's what it was but ill check it again when I get home in a bit. Thanks

shit man you're calmer than i would be. your bike is gorgeous and you've dumped a lot of money, i was hoping you had the drive part all figured out. i'm sure jedi, u and morley can come up with something, just fucking sucks it wasn't built well in the first place, ahem, madmax.

Honestly Garrett, the only thing worse than his product is his attitude.

+1, I tell as many people as possible STAY AWAY FROM MADMAX, I have only heard of one person that was happy with his work , and I bet that guy had some HUGE $$$$ into his max and in Paul's shop more then once .

Sounds like he and Jon went to the same business school... :rofl_200:

They both act like your best friend until you have an issue with their product. Or your broke.

Latest posts

Back