Backrest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI...Just a shared experience...a lady friend of mine on my softball team shattered her ankle, requiring titanium rods and screws, and Air-Medic flight via helicopter to the hospital after she went for a ride with a friend on the back of his Harley...he rear ended a car in front of him at 15mph and the impact violently dumped the bike over...she was on the back...and because of the BACKREST she could not jump off the bike and the full weight of the Harley landed on her leg when it fell over, shattering her ankle in many places. Backrests are not safe for this reason. There is no room for the rider to swing their leg over and jump off if needed, especially for a slow speed collision that will dump over your bike instantly.

Well....there is that wonderful story. And then there is this.....

Gee I was just gonna say, "wow the HAC fits well!" There are threads about the backrest choices besides the OEM VMax accessory. 'Search' is your friend.

Ouch, the story makes me wince. I like a backrest, if I'm carrying a passenger. The results of the H-D low-speed tip-over caused significant damage, poor gal.

The video of the generously-proportioned passenger sucked-into the gumball rear tire looks like it musta-hurt. Thankfully the guy stopped quickly.

Personally, I would rather have my woman leaning FORWARD and pressing her B**BS up against my backside and holding on to me tightly....lol

Back