Bad ASS or... Too Much? : )

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sal98

Reaction score
I decided that I needed to hang a little something on the living room wall to brighten things up a bit. Something simple, understated and elegant... I think I nailed it. :biglaugh:

Whatcha think? Bad ASS or too much? :punk:

Scott

zzz002_zps25ff0f9d.jpg

Poster is ok, quite entertaining but hanging above a flag...not necessary my taste.

I understand. :biglaugh:

Actually it's a vinyl dealership banner that I purchased earlier this week, not a poster... and the "flag" is throw-blanket that I received as a "bonus" from work a few years ago.

Scott

I understand. :biglaugh:

Actually it's a vinyl dealership banner that I purchased earlier this week, not a poster... and the "flag" is throw-blanket that I received as a "bonus" from work a few years ago.

Scott

Sorry, english is not my first language but one of 4 and I use the words I have on mind at the moment. For me poster is a poster :confused2:

Sorry, english is not my first language but one of 4 and I use the words I have on mind at the moment. For me poster is a poster :confused2:

Nothing to apologize for... I noticed that you were not from the U.S. and my original post was meant to be amusing. Just entertaining myself because it's after 4am here and I'm a little bored. :biglaugh:

Scott

Hell yeah Scott, bachelor pad hanger for sure. I should hang one in my living room and record my wife when she walks in and sees it :rofl_200: I like it!

Hell yeah Scott, bachelor pad hanger for sure. I should hang one in my living room and record my wife when she walks in and sees it :rofl_200: I like it!

I thought that was a casket under the picture! :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm not big on flags being used as things other than flags, but not my digs so not my issue. But, I like the poster, great placement. :punk: You can never have too much bad ass

A friend of mine had a banner made of his bike, similar to mine in my garage, he about shit when he got a price to frame it. What he ended up doing was getting some trim, that goes around doors/windows and such, painted it. cut it, and made a faux-frame. It finished the poster nicely.

I'm not big on flags being used as things other than flags, but not my digs so not my issue. But, I like the poster, great placement. :punk: You can never have too much bad ass

It's not an actual flag. It's a blanket that I received as a gift/bonus from work.

A friend of mine had a banner made of his bike, similar to mine in my garage, he about shit when he got a price to frame it. What he ended up doing was getting some trim, that goes around doors/windows and such, painted it. cut it, and made a faux-frame. It finished the poster nicely.

That's a damn good idea - I just might do that. I can't even imagine how much a 4' X 8' frame would cost?

Scott

Amusing? Nope, did not got that :confused2:

It was intended to be amusing because it's NOT simple, understated or elegant... it's a bit ridiculous to have a giant, almost life-sized picture of a motorcycle hanging on your living room wall. The silly kind of thing that only a single guy living alone could get away with. :biglaugh:

Scott

Use some 1" x 3" white pine or fir in a good grade & place 45 degree reinforcements in the corners & because of it's length a couple of vertical stringers. Use pocket screws like Kreg's and some good carpenter's glue or resorcinol glue w/the screws. Then just stretch & tack the poster using a stapler w1/4 or 3/8" staples. Plenty-strong, light, & does a great job of displaying the artwork. It will look just-like a gallery hanging except for the Festivus Pole of Pabst Blue Ribbon cans next to it. http://www.trbimg.com/img-50c2698f/turbine/sfl-city-hall-nativity-scene-shares-space-with-001/600

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...an-pole-in-deerfield-20121207,0,1109699.story

Where would one go to have a poster made of my actual bike? I'm sure that photo places (if they still exist) but that would be a super cool idea! I want one but I don't wanna spend a whole lot on it. Maybe I'll throw that as a hint for Christmas !!

Where would one go to have a poster made of my actual bike? I'm sure that photo places (if they still exist) but that would be a super cool idea! I want one but I don't wanna spend a whole lot on it. Maybe I'll throw that as a hint for Christmas !!

Here is what I used for mine. They can do banners, cards, T-shirts, mugs, just about anything. Awesome quality and the price was sweet. If I remember right is was under $40 for outdoor vinyl, about 4'x2' (trimmed to 47"x21")
All I did, was make the graphics, then upload it to their site. About a week and a half, I had it up on my wall.

bannerwallv.jpg

"Vistaprint" can do this also, as long as you provide a good digital photo of what you want reproduced. I bought a mousepad, coffee cup, wall poster and T-shirt of my bike going through the dragon, same pic that's in my signature! Total cost was around 50 bucks for everything shipped! :punk:

Go to your local sign shop that does vinyl signs. Now days they mostly print on vinyl and also can print on paper. Some have printers up to 72" wide.

G

The vinyl looks great!!!
Chuck that vinyl would looks great on the wall when you walk in, don't you have a hutch with figurines? It would blend right in and the wife might not even notice lol

Back