Bad Vmax vendor experiences...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lankee,

Are you still working on the polished clutch & water pump covers we spoke about in Sept. ?

Rollie

I am another victim of David Redding.

I ordered a stator cover from him directly, and unfortunately paid in advance.
He promised it to me in 3 weeks. well after many,many calls and numerous emails he kept giving me the run around. Now he won't return any calls & It has been at least 3 months and i guess there's nothing i can do about it except warn others to stay clear of this asshole ,thief David Redding...

I know some of you had good experiences with him, so count yourselves lucky.

First off, I never like to hear this kind of thing happening to anybody, Bill.

I had a good luck with David Redding , bought a bunch of billet parts in polished finish from him 2 years ago, than last year, I asked him to have them coated black and re machined and again had no problem, except a small misunderstanding that he got very upset about until we resolved. I think he took on too much too fast, one by offering many different parts/styles and too much demand - selling on ebay and through Python, etc..

I not trying to make excuses for him, just too bad it had to come to this, as good quality aftermarket parts suppliers are hard to come by.

Hopefully, he will come good for you, Bill

Mike

maxcruiser I tend to agree with you. I think the guy (Redding) probably had good intentions but his enthusiasm overloaded his capability. I have seen his parts and the quality is there and from what I have been able to find out his problems started last year. When I bought my parts from David he had really good feedback on eBay and that is really the only barometer you have in that forum. I have also had many riding friends come to the defense of Python Motorsports and although I have had no dealings with them personally I think I would be comfortable buying from them. My intention initially was to find out if there were others that had the same bad deal with David that I had and now I see that it seems to have been a good idea gone bad for him. I hold no grudge since I was an independent businessman prior to my early retirement so I know how dificult it is to make a business grow. Ride on!!:eusa_dance:

Mek, bad vendor

Long story short.

Mek sent me a substandard part, for which I had paid about $300, plus shipping from Germany.

All attempts to contact the company have failed. No replies to emails or phone messages, no one ever picks up their office phone.

I wouldn't send them another dime of my money, and caution others strongly when dealing with this "business".

ARTFIBRAS - from eBay. - BE WARNED!
He used to sell Vmax body panels last year, don't know if he is still....

He kept telling me to wait - it's coming (I bought a belly pan)...never arrived, got to the expiration of protest period on PayPal, I finally gave up on him and did the protest thing, eventually got my $ back. Took a while tho---- all I wanted was that sweet pan!!!:confused2: o well.
He was not in USA; Brazil maybe?

Ok let's try this, it's a post from TheOhioMike on Yamaha Motorcycle Forum;

I am not going to slander or deflame but the PICS speak for themselves and the welds in the exhaust leak. The site says made in america yet the sticker that wasn't removed compleatly says made in China. Just my opinion. The Can is burnt up after only a few hundred miles and the exhaust scrapes in corners.. You decide. $1500 for this system now worthless.. Thanks Jon at UFO
Attached Thumbnails

Yep, not surprised Mike. Bob Novie tried warning the users on that forum in the beginning but they had to find out the hard way. Too bad, I feel for the guy with the exhaust leak.

Yep, not surprised Mike. Bob Novie tried warning the users on that forum in the beginning but they had to find out the hard way. Too bad, I feel for the guy with the exhaust leak.

Very true Mark.

I was sent several e-mails to stop bad mouthing him. Some... from some old friends down in FLA., so I backed off.

Regardless there are still people that back him up, I don't get it? He is a complete BS artist! If you deal with him, its just a matter of time before Cornel burns you.

I have never seen people get so emotional about a con man before. I have actually been threatened for telling the TRUTH about Cornel.

TheOhioMike is a good friend of mine & a long time member of RSWarrior.com.Mike no longer has a Warrior but has remained a member of the Warrior Forum & still attends Warriorfest in April in NC each year.Mike is a stand up guy who brought his Gen2 Max to the last Warriorfest.If he is bitching about poor quality of a part & other issues w/a vendor you can take his statements as absolutely true.I'll PM him with the info that this forun m picked up his post.

I think this is a great thread. If someone gets screwed over why not let everyone know about it. A lot of UFO stuff looks good, but no thanks.
Steve

Three words...Neanderthal Cycle Salvage.Riverside California.That SON OF A BITCH that runs the place has a stockpile of V-Max parts but the INSTANT you ask for Max parts hell tell you he doesnt have them and transfer your call to another place that MIGHT be able to help you.He says they carry NOTHING for the V-Max and then turns around and parts out the Max parts stock pile he keeps in his wreck yard all over Ebay.I found this out from another guy who did business with him and got the scoop from one of the imployees who shot off his mouth by accident about what they REALLY had in stock when his boss pissed him off.What a prick...DONT DEAL WITH THEM.

Three words...Neanderthal Cycle Salvage.Riverside California.That SON OF A BITCH that runs the place has a stockpile of V-Max parts but the INSTANT you ask for Max parts hell tell you he doesnt have them and transfer your call to another place that MIGHT be able to help you.He says they carry NOTHING for the V-Max and then turns around and parts out the Max parts stock pile he keeps in his wreck yard all over Ebay.I found this out from another guy who did business with him and got the scoop from one of the imployees who shot off his mouth by accident about what they REALLY had in stock when his boss pissed him off.What a prick...DONT DEAL WITH THEM.

Yo Ace lets go over there and do burnouts in his parking lot:punk:

LMAO I would but If you asked if they had a used tire to replace your burnt one they would say "NO" and then sell it on Ebay!A buddy of mine bought a VERY used tail light bessel for his GSXR for $85 after they discounted him because the bessel was cracked...That same day he found himself at Chapparal and figured he would ask just for giggles what a brand spankin new one costs...THE SAME BESSEL,FROM THE BOX,WITH HARDWARE,AND LIGHT BRACKET INCLUDED BRAND NEW...$85.The moral of the story is a 2 piece.
A)shop around
B) DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!
thinkin about that donut option though!

What would be the advantage to not selling his vmax parts in person?
If he's getting more money through ebay - couldn't he just ask for more money in person to cover his "loss" ?

in theory he'd make even more in person if he charged the same via ebay.

Latest posts

Back