Bad work

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a little work from a local shop that I warn people about all the time. This is a Transmission drain plug on a soft tail . I don't think I have ever seen a plug this cross threaded . It is probably only in half way . I guess they just stuck it up in there with a socket & turned it until it stopped with out looking.

Attachments

• 20140912_112436.jpg
    20140912_112436.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 99
It's a Harley - might have come from the factory that way. Maybe they figure if it's cross-threaded tightly, it won't jiggle loose and hit the highway?:confused2::biglaugh:

Well less say it leaks now. The out of sight out of mind don't work when the gasket don't touch the base & it leaks every where. He told me it was making a little noise in the back to I grabbed the rear wheel & it moved a 1/16 of an inch. I went to put the wrench on the axle nut & it turned they just finger tightened it & put the cotter key in. I thin pulled the derby cover & it had double gaskets on it & the one has big orange letters that says this side faces the clutch guess which way it was facing it was the wrong gasket any way. :bang head:

I was gonna say that it was just a Softail so no motorcycles were harmed in this attempt at mechanical repair.
That's some scary chit right there!

This place has 2 shops one on Nebraska in Tampa & one in Oldsmar. They are called Cycle pro. I would strongly suggest staying away from there. They have been in trouble for stolen bikes a couple times the owner is really shady.

Man, that's cold!

Isn't the Softail the most-popular H-D?

Word-of-mouth to inform potential customers is an effective tactic. Maybe the dirtbag gets busted for running a chop-shop? That should put him out of business, or slow him down until he sets-up another incorporated mcy business

I was gonna say that it was just a Softail so no motorcycles were harmed in this attempt at mechanical repair.
That's some scary chit right there!

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 990.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 990.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back