Baffle removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marauder03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a Gen 2 and it has an aftermarket exhaust on it “akrapovic” it’s a little quiet compared to my 1st Gen with a DW holeshot, I’d like to know if I can remove the baffles from the mufflers. Also would I have to have the ecu flashed if I do remove them. I’m assuming it’s been flashed since the exhaust is aftermarket. Thanks.

Attachments

• 22441D5C-86F6-4428-AFC1-A0BA1E57E052.jpeg
    22441D5C-86F6-4428-AFC1-A0BA1E57E052.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1B3A673E-F917-4BB3-BBDB-FAFED5C2F607.jpeg
    1B3A673E-F917-4BB3-BBDB-FAFED5C2F607.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 9
More than likely you can...I'm betting you'll need to drill out those rivets & the can will slide off the baffle. If the bike runs well I'd also bet it's been reflashed but not because of the Akrapovic...it's been de-catted & that would necessitate a reflash.

Thank you, good info. Not sure I want to go through all that to make it louder, it’s got a pretty good growl when I crack it and it runs really well I should just leave it.

Sell those and buy a Voodoo if you want LOUD. I have decent pricing on them. Likely you won't be any money difference though the akra's are a more expensive system new.

Actually the voodoo exhaust is the one that really caught my attention when listening to the different exhaust sounds on the Gen 2 . I’m not sure if just the slip on part is changeable or would the whole exhaust have to come off? If I could do this sell/buy and be even I’m definitely interested. This exhaust is like new, how would I go about pricing it for sale? Thank you

Latest posts

Back