Bags for travel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longburn

Reaction score
Any one use a Saddlemen ts3200de for traveling. Looks nice and thought it might mount well. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance
Keith

Wolfman luggage, I am going to add a Expedition Duffle and Expedition Saddle bags along with a Givi top case to sit on one of Dobie's rack (Cycle-istic). I plan on doing some long trips and will need the space for my camping gear and what not.

I'll check those out thanks. Foot note you would love my family, Red Head mother, Red Head Sister ,the good reds. Many friends of mine had a thing for my mom(creepy) I got lucky more blonde than red which works for a guy.

I don't know about the model Saddlemen you have mentioned, but I recently bought Shala a Saddlemen BR1800 bag for her to pack stuff around on her Rune. She loves it, and can lock her helmet in it if necessary.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SADDLEMEN-B...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cf29296ee&vxp=mtr
saddlemen br1800.jpg
It has more attachment points and strap arrays than I can count, which I guess would be suitable to easily attach more bags, and/or other equipment to.

I don't know about the model Saddlemen you have mentioned, but I recently bought Shala a Saddlemen BR1800 bag for her to pack stuff around on her Rune. She loves it, and can lock her helmet in it if necessary.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SADDLEMEN-B...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cf29296ee&vxp=mtr
View attachment 47612
It has more attachment points and strap arrays than I can count, which I guess would be suitable to easily attach more bags, and/or other equipment to.

Any idea how that compares to the kuryakyn grantour bag? They look almost identical.

Dims are:

Saddlemen
15" tall, 10" deep, 11" wide.

Kuryakyn
18" tall, 14" deep, 20" wide.

So, I'd say the Kury is a much wider bag while sitting on the bike. Also priced avg $25 more than the smaller Saddlemen, depending upon where you choose to buy either or.

Dims are:

Saddlemen
15" tall, 10" deep, 11" wide.

Kuryakyn
18" tall, 14" deep, 20" wide.

So, I'd say the Kury is a much wider bag while sitting on the bike. Also priced avg $25 more than the smaller Saddlemen, depending upon where you choose to buy either or.

And is the helmet you speak of a full face? It seems like that would be a squeeze to me. I'm looking at these and I want to be able to use it as a backrest and fit a helmet. I'm just worried the saddlemen would be bulging so much with a helmet that it wouldn't feel too great against my back.

My bad :bang head: - I bought Shala the Saddlemen BR3400 model.
19" tall, 12" deep, 14" wide.

Her helmet fits nicely into the BR3400 model. But again, she's throwing it onto the back seat of a big Honda Rune. It looks fine there, but I have no idea of how it would look or fit on one of our smaller Vmax back seats.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saddlemen-B...parel_Merchandise&hash=item4d2d4d148b&vxp=mtr

saddlemen br3400.jpg

Glad you asked, as I'd hate to mislead you into an incorrect purchase. :bang head:

It looks like it's just going to come down to which functions as a better backrest for me as they look to be similar, although I do like that the saddlemen is skinnier.

Back