Balancer Shaft Timing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbie97vmax

Reaction score
I split my cases to repair the notorious second gear issue. Since getting all my parts back from Sean today, I started reassembly and came to a snag in the process. My book (clymers) says there is supposed to be a timing mark on the main drive gear on the crank and a mark on the balancer shaft gear. My balancer gear has the timing mark on it but the crank gear does not. I inspected very thoroughly and there is no timing mark on the crank gear. Has anyone seen this before? It also mentions to check the balancer timing once the cases are together by turning the number one cylinder to top dead center and looking in the timing window. That timing mark exists so can I just put the balancer in the top half of the cases and set it that way as long as I can find TDC to the very tooth? Do you think that is possible maybe with a dial indicator in the spark plug hole? Is there any other way to set the balancer timing? I am puzzled by the missing timing mark on the crank shaft gear. Any info on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks

Damon F's video graphically shows you this very step and simplifies the explanation. It would take me a small book of writing to explain it. Get that video!

I have pics of the approx orientation between the crank and countershaft on our facebook site. You are looking for a very small dot of paint on the end of the gear.

Sean

Thanks guys. I didn't take my flywheel off during disassembly and found the timing marks on it to get #1 TDC exactly. Then I just used the timing window. Not sure why I didn't think to look there right away. So I've got my cases back together today actually. It went very smoothly.

I need Damon video to balancer shaft timing
How do I downloaded?
i dont find it

I need Damen video to balancershaft timing ,i dont find it
How do I download?

Back