Bar End Mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size are the handlebars on the Gen2? I'm looking to add a set of Rizoma bar end mirrors. Has anyone fit a set of these mirrors to your bike? Does the Gen2 have a threaded or empty bar end?

https://www.motovationusa.com/rizoma-reverse-retro-universal-mirror-bs070.html

https://www.motovationusa.com/spy-r-80-bar-end-mirror-BS285-rizoma.html

I really like the look of these mirrors, that surprises me I have never used any bar end mirrors and was not a fan.

I am going to order a set as soon as I can figure out what looks better on my bike. I could go black or polished or silver. Tonight I am going to photoshop each color on my bike and see what looks best.

They won me over. How do other feel about them?

You can get China knock offs of those oblong ones for 20 bucks and they are not bad at all. Handlebar size is 7/8 od

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can get China knock offs of those oblong ones for 20 bucks and they are not bad at all. Handlebar size is 7/8 od

I was sold on them and then ran into someone with handlebar mirrors and I asked if I could feel the drips and the mirrors were in my way.. Not such a fan after all..

Oh well I thought it was going to be something I would wan tit turns out I don't like my hands are too big and I feel cramped.

That's what I have, 9.5 hand so not a lot of room but I had to get used to not taking my hand off over the bar end. It's been a couple years and the unobstructed view past my shoulders is worth it.

Capture.jpg 772004.jpg IMG_2429.jpg Capture2.jpg

These mirrors are very nice, vision is super clear, quality is awesome on these. The bar are down to a 7/8 at the grips but you should have a threaded insert to adapt the mirrors vs the ones you slid into the bar and they expand to hold into place.

I'm playing around with how to mount them on the under side as I just like the clean look from the top. But you won't be disappointed with them.

I'll dig up a pic here soon.

These mirrors are very nice, vision is super clear, quality is awesome on these. The bar are down to a 7/8 at the grips but you should have a threaded insert to adapt the mirrors vs the ones you slid into the bar and they expand to hold into place.

I'm playing around with how to mount them on the under side as I just like the clean look from the top. But you won't be disappointed with them.

I'll dig up a pic here soon.
Yes they are very nice!! I love the look it makes a nice clean look but the hands is something that would bug me way too much, Even if I knew I have to be patient and I would like them after a while and the look would be nice but I wouldn't be able to get use to the mirrors and my hands. It wasn't a Vmax it was a V-Star I tried and I just felt it would bug me. I'm sure they are great mirrors after you get use to them but I know me and it would get too me too much. I wish I had patience they would be great for the view and the look. Oh well my loss... I love how yours look, It has to have a solid background to even see them.

Only reason I'm trying to mount them under side is they are in my way to get my hands away....or move to wave to passing riders.

Attachments

• 20150821_140159.jpg
    20150821_140159.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 67
  • 20150821_140204.jpg
    20150821_140204.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20150904_182729.jpg
    20150904_182729.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 57
Only reason I'm trying to mount them under side is they are in my way to get my hands away....or move to wave to passing riders.
I forget who but someone had pic's of his under and they look like they wouldn't be in the way as much. These look like you can have then under to the side. I would imagine the view would be better too.
https://www.motovationusa.com/spy-r-80-bar-end-mirror-BS285-rizoma.html

Here are some more from here with nice ones on top and bottom, I like the blinker on the end too.
http://www.starvmax.com/kunena/12-g...ndlebar-mirrors-pros-and-cons?start=20#218472

Ya for sure round on the side works well and way ingot mine under neither is not on the way but is harder to see at a quick glance. Gonna have to try in a different position

There is an expansion plug the goes inside the bar. The bolt on the end expands the plug and anchors the mirror

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mine will work with a n hollow 7/8" bar or the solid bars (gen2?) with a bolt hole for bar ends which Tom from Cycle One-off cut up for me.

IMG_2013.jpg IMG_2014.jpg VMF_COO Bar end and mirrors.jpg

I really like it , the mirror is very nice and the quality is too good and vision is super clear but unfortunately i have never used a bar mirror but soon I'll use it

Latest posts

Back