Bar End Signals and Bar End Mirrors- Thoughts on each?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMaxIslandKai

Reaction score
I'm wondering about bar and signals because I want to get rid of the stock signals on both front and rear, but I like the idea of having signals out further than only the middle of the bike as I am wanting to have both an integrated tail light assembly as well as an integrated headlight assembly.

I've seen the tiny signals but the cost is quite high, and I don't really like the look of them by contrast to having it all in the middle, but the handlebar ends to be utilized in that way with a light that only is visible when it's on and the rest of the time looks like a handlebar end is pretty cool when it's visible both front and rear....

Not sure how much of a challenge it is to wire them up, but it seems like a sweet solution to me.

Also, if I were to have the bar end signals, would a bar end mirror be compatible?

And what are the advantages and disadvantages of a bar end mirrors anyway?

it almost seems like your arms would get in the way to check rear-ward...

Thanks for any help!

Link for smoke housing LED bar send me signals:

http://www.whaccessories.com/Turn Signals.htm

Last edited:
I initially put barend mirrors on for looks but discovered that I really like their functionality. The ones I got had to be disassembled so I could access and tighten a hidden bolt. They were folding back way too easy.

My opinion - bar end signals are gimmicky. Bar end mirrors I highly recommend.
Gimmicky as in glitchy or gimmicky as in no real value? I think it's a European -born idea.

My thought is that it would give fore and aft visibility once my stalk signals front and rear were removed, but if they would likely be blocked rear word, that will remove one of the benefits however if it's visible forward that would still be okay I think...

And what brand of mirror do you recommend, please?

Last edited:
I initially put barend mirrors on for looks but discovered that I really like their functionality. The ones I got had to be disassembled so I could access and tighten a hidden bolt. They were folding back way too easy.
Thanks for the thoughts on the bar end mirrors- Which brand do you recommend?

I am one of the guys that hate the bar ends. When I purchased the bike it had them on it but the owner thankfully still had the stock so I pulled the bar ends and sold them and put the stock back on. I am small framed and do not sit up high so I just did not like to have to look that far out, right or left and try focus on a 2x3 to see what was behind me. Sean is coming through with one that you still use the stock mirror but in a different position. Been waiting a while for his guy to get them finished. I will be able to keep eye on the road and still see what's behind. So Sean, hint, hint I am still hanging. 😁

I'm wondering about bar and signals because I want to get rid of the stock signals on both front and rear, but I like the idea of having signals out further than only the middle of the bike as I am wanting to have both an integrated tail light assembly as well as an integrated headlight assembly.

I've seen the tiny signals but the cost is quite high, and I don't really like the look of them by contrast to having it all in the middle, but the handlebar ends to be utilized in that way with a light that only is visible when it's on and the rest of the time looks like a handlebar end is pretty cool when it's visible both front and rear....

Not sure how much of a challenge it is to wire them up, but it seems like a sweet solution to me.

Also, if I were to have the bar end signals, would a bar end mirror be compatible?

And what are the advantages and disadvantages of a bar end mirrors anyway?

it almost seems like your arms would get in the way to check rear-ward...

Thanks for any help!

Link for smoke housing LED bar send me signals:

http://www.whaccessories.com/Turn Signals.htm
DISADVANTANGES ON MIRRORS ONLY IF U LIVE IN CALIFORNIA..DUE TO IS LEGAL TO SPLIT TRAFFIC..THEY END UP IN THE WAY BECAUSE GOING BETWEEN CARS MAKES THE BIKE WIDER..BUT OTHER THAN THAT THERE A GOOD LIL GADGETS..👍👍

I am one of the guys that hate the bar ends. When I purchased the bike it had them on it but the owner thankfully still had the stock so I pulled the bar ends and sold them and put the stock back on. I am small framed and do not sit up high so I just did not like to have to look that far out, right or left and try focus on a 2x3 to see what was behind me. Sean is coming through with one that you still use the stock mirror but in a different position. Been waiting a while for his guy to get them finished. I will be able to keep eye on the road and still see what's behind. So Sean, hint, hint I am still hanging. 😁
Ah- so for you looking back and forth that widely is not your preference.

I'm 6'1", 215, so frame wise I'm on the larger side, but I would think the same aspect of view could also apply to me.

I'm literally in a place with speed limits of 25 on the high side, so the traffic splitting as mentioned by another, heavy mirror use etc, is not as big a factor as it would be elsewhere.

So the VMax here is overkill more so than probably anywhere else anyone may be on this forum LOL... Stock mirrors for now.

peed limits of 25 on the high side, so the traffic splitting as mentioned by another, heavy mirror use etc, is not as big a factor as it would be elsewhere.

So the VMax here is overkill more so than probably anywhere else anyone may be on this forum LOL... Stock mirrors for now.

I would not survive that. Reminds me of my neighbor's rooster. Lives his life in a small pen surrounded by free range hens. Frustration is an evil emotion. (Especially when you can't get your motorcycle out of 2nd gear!)

I put some CRG knockoff folding bar end mirrors on my '97. I'm also running the factory bars flipped upside down, so the control pod mirror mounts are lower than stock. They took some getting used to at first, but now my muscle memory has adapted. I live in California and split lanes as much as possible. It is legally referred to as lane filtering.
As to running bar end signals... - I am not a fan. Cars already have an issue with seeing a motorcycle, so I want the biggest turn signals to tell those drivers what I am going to do. Making the signals smaller will contribute to the statement from the driver when they say "I didn't even see them".
Now if you want to use bar end lights as running lights or even additional signals to your main turn signals, then that will increase your visibility. One my 2nd Gen VMAX, I added bar end mirrors but kept the already installed Supermoto folding wing Alchemy mirrors from Spain for testing. I really could not decide which I liked better so I have both sets of mirrors installed.
yqk9x3C.jpg

iJoXIlB.jpg

SByLm6R.jpg

5FkE9SK.jpg

I would not survive that. Reminds me of my neighbor's rooster. Lives his life in a small pen surrounded by free range hens. Frustration is an evil emotion. (Especially when you can't get your motorcycle out of 2nd gear!)

LOL... Yes... I was shocked to see the bike even here to begin with, as I had never seen one in person before.

I thought, "WHY in the world is that bike HERE of all places?"

I first was exposed to the VMax when I was learning to ride and a friend of mine had a Yamaha Virago that I played around with before I got my sport bike.

I started scrolling the web, and then came across this beast, after which I told my buddy, "Dude- Check this out!!! Cruiser style bikes are not my thing, but I would own one of these!"

After realizing it was a nearly $20,000 purchase, and being a college age kid, it was definitely and sadly out of my price range...

But then I happened across this VMax here- it was the first I had ever seen in person.

Apparently, it was meant to be!!!

👊🏽😎

There actually are a few places I can open it up a little bit, but we'll have to wait and see. I respect the bike and it's power, so the thunder runs will have to be well thought-out and executed.

I put some CRG knockoff folding bar end mirrors on my '97. I'm also running the factory bars flipped upside down, so the control pod mirror mounts are lower than stock. They took some getting used to at first, but now my muscle memory has adapted. I live in California and split lanes as much as possible. It is legally referred to as lane filtering.
As to running bar end signals... - I am not a fan. Cars already have an issue with seeing a motorcycle, so I want the biggest turn signals to tell those drivers what I am going to do. Making the signals smaller will contribute to the statement from the driver when they say "I didn't even see them".
Now if you want to use bar end lights as running lights or even additional signals to your main turn signals, then that will increase your visibility. One my 2nd Gen VMAX, I added bar end mirrors but kept the already installed Supermoto folding wing Alchemy mirrors from Spain for testing. I really could not decide which I liked better so I have both sets of mirrors installed.
yqk9x3C.jpg

iJoXIlB.jpg

SByLm6R.jpg

5FkE9SK.jpg
Wow! Double mirror assembly. 🤯

I have seen similar mirrors to the one you have mounted in the traditional spot on the bike, and I like the look of them.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and send pictures!

Thanks, I think they look like hand guards....the VMAX 1700 bar end mirrors give me a wider field of view, like blind spot mirrors. I can almost see both sides of the rear of the bike on either bar end mirror. The Supermoto Alchemy mirrors offer a decent view, but have blind spots.

Just rode my 1200 Vmax and the CRG style mirrors are not folding.

Back