• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Barely used vmax in San Fran

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good deal for someone, a low-miles bike, at a very-reasonable price. Let's assume 2nd gear is OK, 7K miles is break-in and a bit. who's gona get it? I have family in SF and it's tempting, at that price.

The ad:
1998 Yamaha V-Max with only 7,289 original miles. I bought this all-stock V-Max in 1999 at Golden Gate Cycles in San Francisco with just over 1,500 miles and then mostly used it to run errands around town. I haven’t ridden it since 2016 when I took it to O’Hanlon Motorcycles in SF where they rebuilt the clutch, replaced the brakes, brake reservoir, changed the fluids, new front and rear tires, and overall tune up. The detailed invoice is pictured here and the original is included with the bike’s paperwork for your reference. It has been sitting since then so the carburetors need cleaning as would be expected. Fires right up but the throttle is a little boggy on the low end. The price is $3,900 cash. And no solicitations.

Plates probably stuck together (easy fix) but the owner put his fate in the hands of O'Hanlon...and got used. (just a guess)

why would it need clutch replacing at 7,289 miles?

If you have a pessimistic attitude - Drag bike. Slicks and clutch replaced in 2016 when the dude got old.

Last edited:
Back