barend mirrors and grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman30

Reaction score
What a project it isfinding a good set meaning two. There is a lot of junk out there and some really nice ones too. The nice ones seems you can only buy one not a set :damn angry: not sure why. But I did find a set that I like and I will post pics as soon as I have them on the bike :clapping:. Now I have to find good grips :ummm: I like the stock ones but want to change it up any recommendations?

I bought some on Ebay ( mirrors ) and took about 30 mins to find a good set for $30 shipped.

Grips I just have stock and fine with those for now. But look at Ebay and compare some prices and lots of pictures.

I have a pair of cheap-ish bar end mirrors off ebay on my Z and they've held up fine. Think they were like $25 or so. I though the clamp system was a bit flimsy, but they've held their position even at 150mph, so I guess it works fine.

Re: bar-end mirrors and grips

A few years back, I bought a set of bar ends on eBay, $25 shipped and they work and holding up nicely. A friend of mine has those grips and he's loving them. Eventually I may get a pair.

After all you have to keep the monkey happy :biglaugh:

modmonkey2.jpg

those cheapo ebay bar ends work pretty nicely.

I got a set of these bar end mirrors but had Tom @ Cycle One-off make some custom bar ends that I could mount these to. Here is a picture with bar ends/ mirrors and grips.

Attachments

• VMF_COO Bar end and mirrors.jpg
    VMF_COO Bar end and mirrors.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 52
I ran a pair of ebay knock-off ISO grips on my max. They were like $20 instead of $70.

The only issue was the grip came unglued from the throttle tube(which came with it) almost immediately, though once I redid it with handgrip cement I had no further issues.

They do wear but I sell replacement grip inserts. They are kraton gel as well so better then the ebay knockoffs.

Just put them on this winter, so I've only got about 1500 miles on the bike. So far so good though.

Yeah went ahead and ordered a set looked like what I wanted. Will post pics when I have it togther.:clapping:

I got a set of these bar end mirrors but had Tom @ Cycle One-off make some custom bar ends that I could mount these to. Here is a picture with bar ends/ mirrors and grips.

Gotta admit that I've never been a fan of the way bar end mirrors look but that's damn sharp there!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back