Barring flood, locusts, nuclear attack...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be the proud owner of a new VMax tomorrow. The dealer is finishing final assembly, and should deliver it on Tuesday. I finally gave up on finding a good used bike here in the Dallas area.

I suggest keeping small children and the elderly indoors for the foreseeable future. :eusa_dance:

Congrats Jayhawk, it's the best way to go in my opinion. No worries about what the last guy beat up on or not. No small children here anymore but WILL keep the elderly indoors. Happy trails.........

Thanks. I actually had one bought on Saturday, but when I went to actually pick it up, the price had miraculously increased by 1k over what he quoted me on the phone. The stealer said something like, "I thought you had a trade-in." Huh? I just called and asked for their cash price out the door. Oh, well.

I'm excited, though I now realize I'm actually going to have to clean the garage to make room. *sigh*

Jayhawk said:
Thanks. I actually had one bought on Saturday, but when I went to actually pick it up, the price had miraculously increased by 1k over what he quoted me on the phone. The stealer said something like, "I thought you had a trade-in." Huh? I just called and asked for their cash price out the door. Oh, well.

I'm excited, though I now realize I'm actually going to have to clean the garage to make room. *sigh*

GARAGE??? You should keep it in your bedroom. It just might be one of the most exiting things you ever put between your legs. :rofl_200:

I kinda miss Dallas now.....

Congrats on the new beast mate. Might I recomend the George Bush Exressway at about 2am for some high speed fun?:rocket bike:

Hey, it's tuesday. So what is the news? :confused2:

I hope that you got your new baby and are out terrorizing the local kids.... Don't forget the pics.

Redux said:
Hey, it's tuesday. So what is the news? :confused2:

I hope that you got your new baby and are out terrorizing the local kids.... Don't forget the pics.
At 3:30 today, after not receiving a call from the dealer letting me know the bike was ready to go, I finally called. Bike wasn't ready yet, and it may be as late as Thursday before I can pick it up (bastages).

No floods, locusts or A-bombs, just a dealer not very good at putting a Max together, it seems. I'll try and squeeze something out of him for making me wait, maybe a free pair of case guards. :confused2:

Ah ok, New dealer might be why. Can't remember their name but the one in Plano (north eastern Plano near 75 out by colin county community college) Was a good one to go too. Never took long to do anything unless the part I wanted was really hard to find.

Waylander said:
Ah ok, New dealer might be why. Can't remember their name but the one in Plano (north eastern Plano near 75 out by colin county community college) Was a good one to go too. Never took long to do anything unless the part I wanted was really hard to find.
I got a look at my bike yesterday, appeared to be pretty close to complete, though the headlight still needed to be hooked up and they were not getting the battery until later in the afternoon.

The bike should be delivered this morning.

After getting a look at the place, it's no wonder things aren't happening quickly, yet. The showroom is under construction, crates of new Yamaha bikes are everywhere, and semis were unloading more as we were looking mine over. The dealership is going to be absolutely huge. My bike is the second or third one they have sold.

Bike finally arrives home, as the dealer delivered it this morning. Pic shown below, including a bunch of my fingerprints.

vmaxhome.jpg

:eusa_dance:

Congratz on the new ride :cheers00:

Hey look, it's a TOTALLY stock Max. At least we have photographic evidence that they do really exist. I really do love the midnight theme Yamaha went to on the new ones. Enjoy the new ride and don't worry if your oil light comes on as you row thru the gears. I am convinced that my dealer overfilled the oil so it wouldn't really light up.

Don't scare the kiddies too badly :whistlin:

Jayhawk said:
Bike finally arrives home, as the dealer delivered it this morning. Pic shown below, including a bunch of my fingerprints.:eusa_dance:

Along with the fingerprints, did I see some drool on that new engine?:drool000:

Back