bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattheroach

Reaction score
:ummm:
:stickyman:just bought my first vmax but i find the bars uncomfortable. can anyone tell me if i can just fit some renthals or drag bars without having to extend everything

Drag bars are a direct swap. You'll reach a tad more for 'em, but that's why I put 'em on my bike. I'm only 6'0" and they fit me fine. Next are forward controls.

:ummm:
:stickyman:just bought my first vmax but i find the bars uncomfortable. can anyone tell me if i can just fit some renthals or drag bars without having to extend everything

Check out Flanders drag bars... I have them on me '06 and love them!

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 67
Check python motorsports, >>>>>>>>> http://pythonmotorsports.com/ <<<<<< Got my dragbars and grips shipped for about 35 bucks I think. Bars are a little shorter so had to adjust the controls a little to clear the clamp/speedo area. Not a huge fan of the progrips that come in the package also. But overall a good purchase.:clapping:

^^^^

What VikingD said...

I always love calling Python and asking for Tom...

When they say "Sr. or Jr." say...ahh hell it doesn't matter :biglaugh:

Best bang for d' buck.

:cheers:

Neil

Attachments

• bars_mirrors_grips.jpg
    bars_mirrors_grips.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 40

Chris...

Looking good...who's frame braces are you using??? And WTF are those easy rider forward pegs you've got going on there???

Neil

I'm running UFO's drag bars, the fit was perfect after turning the brake and clutch lines to clear the center stuff.

I tried a friends bike with the Flanders this weekend and liked them a whole lot also.

Rusty

^^^^

What VikingD said...

I always love calling Python and asking for Tom...

When they say "Sr. or Jr." say...ahh hell it doesn't matter :biglaugh:

Best bang for d' buck.

Neil

LOL. :rofl_200: Niel is that like your cat room or something? everytime I see a pic of your bike there is always cat houses in the background.......:ummm:??? Oh yeah! You have big cats or something don't you?

Chris...

Looking good...who's frame braces are you using??? And WTF are those easy rider forward pegs you've got going on there???

Neil

Those are your buddies...:whistlin:

COO... Waited 4 weeks for them and then had to spend an hour modifying them to fit... :bang head: There too long but sure are comfy to put me heels on...:thumbs up: The braces are Dales. Great product! Fit great and got them in about 1 week from order.

I like the Flanders bars as they are longer and you can fit everything better... Plus I have a couple extra things on my bars so the extra room is nice.

noticed the shift light with bracket mount to handle bar..what type.make is that..i would like to mount shft light to bars

LOL. :rofl_200: Niel is that like your cat room or something? everytime I see a pic of your bike there is always cat houses in the background.......:ummm:??? Oh yeah! You have big cats or something don't you?

VD...Can I call you that for short??? :biglaugh:

Don't let my wife hear you say "Cat Houses", or she'll think I've been to the "Bunny Ranch" instead of on my business trips in Vegas :banana:

That is our gameroom/vmax room/product testing room. We run http://www.spoilmykitty.com , and manufacture/supply cat furniture and feline products. I can't take a picture or piss around here without being able to see a cat tree.

Been involved in exotic feline rescue/rehabilitation for over 25 years. I use to caretake many REALLY BIG CATS, but, now my focus is on the smaller felids, like Servals. Actually, I'm the Vice President Of TSCO http://www.servals.org/contact.htm where we lobby and educate lawmakers that don't know the difference in a 45 lb. Serval and a 800 lb. Siberian tiger. We support responsible private ownership of smaller exotic felines.

Be glad to talk to you or anyone that has any questions about such things...just shoot me a PM anytime!

Neil

COO... Waited 4 weeks for them and then had to spend an hour modifying them to fit... :bang head: There too long but sure are comfy to put me heels on...:thumbs up: The braces are Dales. Great product! Fit great and got them in about 1 week from order.

I like the Flanders bars as they are longer and you can fit everything better... Plus I have a couple extra things on my bars so the extra room is nice.

Tom specials ehhh? I'm sure they feel good on a long haul...you're like 6.5 or something arent you???

How wide are your Flanders??? These pythons are 27" end to end, not including the bar ends. Didn't have much trouble getting the controls to work out, just the clutch line angle is my only complaint.

Neil

Tom specials ehhh? I'm sure they feel good on a long haul...you're like 6.5 or something arent you???

How wide are your Flanders??? These pythons are 27" end to end, not including the bar ends. Didn't have much trouble getting the controls to work out, just the clutch line angle is my only complaint.

Neil

I was thinking 30 or 31...:ummm: No issues with anything like that. All my lines head down and not up like a lot of peoples I see. That drives me nuts and looks too cluttered for me...:confused2:

noticed the shift light with bracket mount to handle bar..what type.make is that..i would like to mount shft light to bars

Raptor and adaptor from Cycle One Off... That took 3 weeks to get...:confused2:

COO... Waited 4 weeks for them and then had to spend an hour modifying them to fit... :bang head:

Great:surprise: So Chris, what am I in for once I finally receive my frame sliders:ummm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chris, when you said your frame sliders didn't fit right I've got a question.

My COO frame sliders didn't fit right but it was due to the Delrin solid motor mounts having a bigger "flange" that was in the way of where COO put the recess that is supposed to allow room for the stock motor mounts.

Are you using aftermarket motor mounts or was it the stock mounts that the sliders would not clear?

Rusty

Hey Chris, when you said your frame sliders didn't fit right I've got a question.

My COO frame sliders didn't fit right but it was due to the Delrin solid motor mounts having a bigger "flange" that was in the way of where COO put the recess that is supposed to allow room for the stock motor mounts.

Are you using aftermarket motor mounts or was it the stock mounts that the sliders would not clear?

Rusty

Same problem but my bike has stock motor mounts...:confused2: Maybe they changed them to a different design on the later model bikes...:ummm:

Great:surprise: So Chris, what am I in for once I finally receive my frame sliders:ummm:

Sorry M,

I forgot that part...:whistlin::stickyman:

I called and told Tom and he said "I will have to check my jig" GREAT... What about that helps me?:whistlin:

Latest posts

Back