Battery questions..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
So a couple of years ago I needed to replace my battery, and here down under they are SO expensive I ended up getting a boring old wet one :confused2:

Sure enough, now it's already dead and need replacing. I hate wet batteries. When I lived in the US I could get an AGM or gel for a decent price, not so here, and shipping from the US is way too much on a heavy battery :bang head:

Which brings me to my questions: I heard that those new LI batteries are amazing, great cranking power and ultra light weight.

- do any of you use these and recommend?
- can anyone recommend a good supplier in the US (way too much $$ here)
- if you have one what's the weight? I'm hoping it's really light so shipping will be cheap as chips..

Thanks!
nG

I've been using a Battery Tender Lithium Iron brand I bought off of Amazon for my harley FXDC. Been using it for the past year with no problems. Since I live in the Philippines, I have the same issue as to buying decent battery.

Since the battery is so light, I was able to ship with the same cost as buying a regular lead acid locally. But, you need to check with the shipper. Some will not ship lithium batteries. They will ship lithium iron but not lithium ion, but hard for them to figure which is which.

Good luck.

I've been using a Battery Tender Lithium Iron brand I bought off of Amazon for my harley FXDC. Been using it for the past year with no problems. Since I live in the Philippines, I have the same issue as to buying decent battery.

Since the battery is so light, I was able to ship with the same cost as buying a regular lead acid locally. But, you need to check with the shipper. Some will not ship lithium batteries. They will ship lithium iron but not lithium ion, but hard for them to figure which is which.

Good luck.

Just out of interest can you remember which model you got? I found:

Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery

and

Lithium Iron Phosphate 12V 24AH 360CCA Replaces Yuasa YTX20HL-BS-PW

I just ordered one of those also! Should be here tomorrow!

I got the one that had 480 CCA, may be a bit overkill but I am running a 1800cc motor.

As with a many people on here the best bang for your buck will vary.. I highly recommend the APEX battery. It's a wet sealed battery, shipped mine was right around $50.. It's been in the bike for 3 years now.. Also it's the best $50 spent on the bike... the 4 pole starter was free together they work great....

I'll dig out some info mate...there's a new aussie importer of Aliant batteries, Lithium Iron I think. ..they were awaiting their first shipment.
I think it was John Wickham Racing...or something like that...here in Brisbane.

They havent officially started dealing yet..I only found out via Aliant facebook site.
I'll call them for an update this week.

Back