Battery Tender Jr

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonofason

Reaction score
Could I attach the ring terminals for a battery tender here? Could you charge from here? Easier than getting to the battery (ignore the text on the photo)
Thanks...

Attachments

• 4ED98254-1A02-4EFF-B1C4-FBE5DD832C19.jpg
    4ED98254-1A02-4EFF-B1C4-FBE5DD832C19.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 69
Hot side of the solenoid? Yep. No problem with a trickler. Used to have it there until I bought a Shorie battery. I gave the tender away.

I've got a cigarette lighter socket mounted up near the ignition switch. I plug an adapter into that to charge battery. It's connected directly to battery, and is handy for a USB charger for my phone.

Sure. I'd just go to the main ground on the battery, though. Or to any screw or bolt that attaches to the frame. A battery tender doesn't put a lot of current into the battery, so you don't need a really large connecting wire. The small wires that come on the cig lighter socket are plenty thick enough. I cut a hole in the plastic cover by the ignition switch and mounted it there. I'd fuse it though, just in case. Remember if you hook the positive wire to battery, the socket will always be hot. I've run a GPS from it, back before I put the drag bars on. (No room for the RAM Mount now..)

The other side of the solenoid isn't grounded, it goes to the starter. The ground bolt on the right side of the frame, where a few other ground wires are, works ok.

You can put tender leads on anything that eventually goes directly to the battery. It's only 3/4amp, so it doesn't need to be heavy gauge or anything. Hot side of the solenoid is fine, and any bolt that goes into the chassis is fine for ground if the battery has poor access.

Back