Battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Shorai in Jan. 2015. Drained it down a couple times and brought it back with a battrery tender. Still going strong. Never had that kind of life out of an acid battery. No mods needed to install, just use the enclosed packing to fill in the extra space in the battery box. No more dealing with acid spills, storage or disposal for me.

I just bought another shorai for my 85 vmax. I'm trying to revive. I put one in my 2009 700 Raptor in 2009. After the factory battery died. Then I crashed it. It sat behind my house for 3 years. Before I got the frame straightened. Then it sat in storage while I self built my house. 4 years. Then it sat next to the shed in my backyard a year or so. I live in Wisconsin. I've ridden the ice on the rivers and lakes. The coldest was -26f. Had no problems. Still starts right up. Never put a charger on it.
The only thing with lithium batteries. You don't ever want to run them flat. I put one in my fj1200. When I first resurrected it. Then on the first long distance trip. I didn't realize that I put the ignition in park. Indicators on. Was bright daylight. Next morning was flat dead. Jump started it and rode it the rest of the trip. It was never the same after that. It still had way more power than any battery i ever had. And after 9 years. Has finally given up the ghost. If there is a chance of parasitic drain. And it's going to sit for a while. Just disconnect it. The only maintenance you'll ever have to do. Plus you shave several pounds. And no I'm not affiliated with shorai.

Shorai LFX18L1-BS12 has 270cca. 18ah. Weighs 2.63lbs. Cost me $170.93 free shipping.
Oddessy pc 680. $167 170cca. 16ah. 14lbs.
Just sayin.!

Going on 10 years on my Oddressy.Bought my 85 brand new in 85 I have 11,000 miles gone through some batteries really like the Oddessy,s

Latest posts

Back