beat by a harley

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
The story.....coming back from the lake today ,I noticed behind me,a harley fat boy and a crotch rocket mixing it up. The Fat was comming up fast on me so I hit it. He got by me for a bit, then I over took him. The crotch left us both. There are some nice shallow corners comming back from the lake " very gentle"
We hit the corrners at 160 kms and max started doing the "weave" CRAP!!!! I let off a bit. The harley passed me. Got on the straight and passed him.

Last edited:
:punk: Hey, get some new tires and then go fast. Don't want you to wreck because of old worn out tires. This is one of the easiest fixes we get. Put them on yourself and save more money. Good Luck, Spurs

I have Metz on mine. Never had a weave with the old qualifiers either though - and those tires were like 15 years old. Yes I rode on those tires. They came with the bike. They were also the 1st thing I upgraded performance wise :)

:punk: Hey, get some new tires and then go fast. Don't want you to wreck because of old worn out tires. This is one of the easiest fixes we get. Put them on yourself and save more money. Good Luck, Spurs

wow are these tires hard to get around here. The front tire is $160 and will be here in 4 days, but the rear will be 30 days..The fellow phoned all over the place, seems their all sold out. The dealer said he's sold more metzlers in the past couple years than the other brands. Oh well, take it slow and easy for a month, eh, whats the hurry. An olympic runner cant run with worn out shoes either lol.

I have a well worn Me880 and I have a weave once I hit 105-110. Check tire pressure too.

This sucks. The story.....coming back from the lake today ,I noticed behind me,a harley fat boy and a crotch rocket mixing it up. The Fat was comming up fast on me so I hit it. He got by me for a bit, then I over took him. The crotch left us both. There are some nice shallow corners comming back from the lake " very gentle"
We hit the corrners at 160 kms and max started doing the "weave" CRAP!!!! I let off a bit. The harley passed me. Got on the straight and passed him,...but the weave came back at 185 kms on the straight, crap!! the harley passed me. I thought I had this friggen weave thing sorted out! I had just done a proper head bearing adjustment 2 weeks ago. I am running mixed matched tires. A dunlop on the front and a cheap ass spit fire on the back. The front tire has tons of tread but slightly cupped. The rear is new. I DONT want this to happen again. Will Metzler 880"s cure this bit%# ? If so, I"M ordering some now, then I"ll hunt down fat boy.:biglaugh:

A HARLEY? come on chump don't be a chimp! you should not have come here and let us all know of your short comings due to lack of product for the great vmax. i mean, there are all types of ways to handle a monkey in that situation... wait..., ok look get one of these and it will be a simple fix a 17'' from COO so COOL!
000_0177_op_800x600_op_410x308.jpg

then you can go ahead and get on of these. very nice yet very practical. anything less and you know it would not sit right with you. go ahead and monkey see monkey DOOO IT!!!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/20579/ITEM/Metzeler-Dragtec-Drag-Racing-Rear-Tire.aspx

:punk: dont let us down again, your friend always

Last edited:

No, no, no Yuke!!! Compassionate! :punk:

We have only the best interests of our v max bretheren in our monkey hearts!! We don't want to see R n' R lose to an HD either!! :bang head:

R n' R....your own performance and handling team is on the way.....leave a light on!! :eek:h yeah:

We'll have you kickin' ass and taking names shortly!! :clapping:

I thought this was going to end with something like "one of my pedals broke off"

This sucks. The story.....coming back from the lake today ,I noticed behind me,a harley fat boy and a crotch rocket mixing it up. The Fat was comming up fast on me so I hit it. He got by me for a bit, then I over took him. The crotch left us both. There are some nice shallow corners comming back from the lake " very gentle"
We hit the corrners at 160 kms and max started doing the "weave" CRAP!!!! I let off a bit. The harley passed me. Got on the straight and passed him,...but the weave came back at 185 kms on the straight, crap!! the harley passed me. I thought I had this friggen weave thing sorted out! I had just done a proper head bearing adjustment 2 weeks ago. I am running mixed matched tires. A dunlop on the front and a cheap ass spit fire on the back. The front tire has tons of tread but slightly cupped. The rear is new. I DONT want this to happen again. Will Metzler 880"s cure this bit%# ? If so, I"M ordering some now, then I"ll hunt down fat boy.:biglaugh:
WOW i think i woulda kept that one quiet:surprise:

WOW i think i woulda kept that one quiet:surprise:

Yea, that definatly wasnt one of my finer moments. I had tons of power on tap, and couldnt use it. I wanted him so bad I could taste it. But, being older and wiser, I let him go. Those Fat boys sure havent got much grunt on the top end. I thought they would of went better. He's real easy to catch.

I got my ass handed to me a couple of weeks ago!!!!Embarrassing YES true...YES And a harley none the less....Straight runs from light to light....And once I got up next the guy I saw that he had a JIMS 131 engine in his Bagger...Man let me tell you that Bike was FASSST!!!!He did say to me though just to add insult to injury.....(not to bad for a Jap bike)Then he proceeded to kick my ass Twice more before he turned off laughing his head off.....I was Seroiusly Pissed to say the least!!!

great, now the vmax is outnumbered, AND outgunned.

i cant take it anymore. this threads gonna be all over the harley forums in the morning

I propose a new forum award, the Milwaukee Steamer, for users who managed ti get s*** on by a tractor....

i thought you were going to write you raced him with your bicycle and couldn't out pedal him or something.....

jeez you guys racing cruisers @ 120MPH and above...... I didn't think too many harley owners would even try to roll that fast :) my guys around here are more like red light to red light racers...

BEAT BY A HARLEY:rofl_200::looser::tantrum::sad2::moped:

Back