Beautiful Wheel!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggerzmound

Reaction score
I just had to share this auction with you guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/v-max-vmax-v-max-Wheel-Hinterradfelge-R18-5-5_W0QQitemZ250088274212QQihZ015QQcategoryZ34284QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

edc4_1.JPG

shawn kloker said:
I wouldn't be surprized if the wheel never comes after paying for it.
Good point since PayPal is not an option. Also what if things aren't perfect, ship it back to Russia so they have the money AND the wheel? Nice looking but $600+ and all that upkeep to keep it looking good.

I have seen too many people ripped off from these third world nations then they just drop out of ebay,take the money and run, then just open another ebay account with a different email address to just rip someone else off later.Its bullshit.If this is a genuine wheel factory they need to get a n.america distributer.Some one like wildbros in florida to stock them here.

diggerzmound said:
I just said it was perty, not go out and buy it...
You're right, it is pretty. My and Shawns point was to make others think about the possibilities before they put their money down and then wind up being screwed. No negative reflection on you and we are grateful for your contribution. Don't hesitate posting new finds for the Max, it all deserves a look-see.

diggerzmound said:
I just said it was perty, not go out and buy it...

I meant nothing bad towards you also.I tried to contact them to see if they are interested in finding a distributor here in the states.I also asked about a matching front rim.We will see what they have to say.I know just about every vendor here pretty good.

I was just on www.wildbros.com and this identical wheel is on there for sale.It says it is a Carrozzeria rim.Did these Russians make them for Carrozzeria or did they buy one to pretend to sell on Ebay?

Shawn, if you Google "Carrozzeria motorcycle rims", there is all kinds of info about them. Think I even read that they are made in the US.

I saw the post on Ebay and realized it was a Carrozzeria Rear Wheel. WTF?
Why would you have a rear and not a front?
It is my understanding these are relativley new wheels.

I put the auction under my watch to see how this pans out. I plan on getting ahold of the auction winner and see if they actually get the wheel.

Personally, I smell a rat.

If you look at the top right pic on ebay, it shows the rim and what it looks like to be a stock rim beside it I think.

I think if I was to put this on my bike, my feet would never be able to touch the ground ! ( what is it a 20' )

The plot thickens!!

http://cgi.ebay.de/v-max-vmax-v-max...015QQitemZ250087382736QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Exactly the same photos?
Two of the same wheels?
"No sir I don't like it, i don't like it one bit."

I had a chat with him via email here's what he said.......

"HI!
Do not experience! It really does a former military factory! Now at us winter... In streets of a snow it is a lot of! As there will be a summer I shall put itself on v-max such wheel! There Are two more friends in Moscow and S. Petersburg who will put such wheel! THIS WHEEL is valid FOR V-MAX!!!!!!!!!!!! The FORWARD WHEEL WILL be fast! Naturally changes will not manage.... Concern any tuning and is necessary that that to change. "

Obviously he's not very good at speaking American.

Last edited:
I have been emailing him for the last few days.I can't really understand what he is saying.

Attachments

• russian wheels 2.jpg
    russian wheels 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 29
Hey Shawn,

Is it just me or does that front wheel look like it's 17".

Carrozzeria doesn't make a 17' wheel for the Vmax do they?

vmaxinID said:
The plot thickens!!

http://cgi.ebay.de/v-max-vmax-v-max-Wheel-Hinterradfelge-R18-5-5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ23928QQihZ015QQitemZ250087382736QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Exactly the same photos?
Two of the same wheels?
"No sir I don't like it, i don't like it one bit."

I had a chat with him via email here's what he said.......

"HI!
Do not experience! It really does a former military factory! Now at us winter... In streets of a snow it is a lot of! As there will be a summer I shall put itself on v-max such wheel! There Are two more friends in Moscow and S. Petersburg who will put such wheel! THIS WHEEL is valid FOR V-MAX!!!!!!!!!!!! The FORWARD WHEEL WILL be fast! Naturally changes will not manage.... Concern any tuning and is necessary that that to change. "

Obviously he's not very good at speaking American.
He doesn't speak English and uses a web site for translation. In the original ad, all is in German. Not sure what he has to do with Russia?

One wheel is definitely smaller than the other.

That front does look like it is 17".Maybe he is in germany,I do not know.I have been talking with him about needing a distributor in the states.He wants me to buy 30 sets.That is not going to happen.

Well his German auction on Ebay produced no buyers.
But it did produce a question from someone in Germany to him.

Q: Hello, can you also produce the matching front wheel in 17-inch size? Is there for the rim also a certificate for the German safety standards authority, ansonnsten it cannot be driven on German streets? Greeting Harry

A: Hello, becomes Yes the front wheel quick. To in the sales only the back wheel. Unfortunately, there is no document (identity card). This very steady wheel is made level after the newest technology. How should the document (identity card) look? I hear in first about such .......

Did you notice in his answer he wanted to know what the German TUV certificate looks like? hmmmmmm...

Latest posts

Back