Bell Revolver helmets anyone ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I am looking at getting one of these, and wondered if anyone had any input on these.

Weight, noise, visor placement etc.

Thanks
Todd
$_57.JPG

Modulars are nice but I would try one on first and make sure it flip nice. Also not snell aproved for track. If it flips nice your wife will like it when its hot and she waiting to get on the bike.

This helmet has come down in price I think it was $89 a few weeks ago how much todd.

Just ebaying it , was looking at something else.

$200

If you see it some place for $89, let me know. I haven't seen a modular worth a shit that is under $175.

I was looking at these and I tried one one, pretty nice.

ls2-ff394-epic-flip-up-helmet-gets-snell-certification-medium_2.jpg

$170 shipped. I tried it at Bruce Rossmeyers Harley, at the JP Cycle store. Seemed nice.

Todd

Ive a couple of these I picked up last year for $99 each on close-out. Noise is no worse than any of my other full face helmets. Visor placement is spot on for myself. If the front works itself downward the drop-down sun visor comes close to my nose. The vents flow well enough when needed, and being able to raise the front at stops or low speeds is always a nice feature with modulars.

Size for Size the Revolvers are a little bigger than my full face helmets of the same size. They carry a little additional weight over a standard full face also, but it seems to be balanced well enough I hardly notice it myself.

These were my first foray into Modular type helmets, so I am no expert.
Regards,
Rob

You have to pay close attention to the latch when its on your head. (ha ha ha ) The one i have its a pain in the ass to open and close. More so when closing you have to kinda slam it shut.

Just ebaying it , was looking at something else.

$200

If you see it some place for $89, let me know. I haven't seen a modular worth a shit that is under $175.

I was looking at these and I tried one one, pretty nice.

ls2-ff394-epic-flip-up-helmet-gets-snell-certification-medium_2.jpg

$170 shipped. I tried it at Bruce Rossmeyers Harley, at the JP Cycle store. Seemed nice.

Todd

$200 looks like the asking price right now(begining of the season). Later this summer you will find them discounted lower again I imagine. Most of last years stock was discounted and sold over the winter I would think.

I like the idea of the modular helmet.

I just sent my helmet in for warranty, hopefully they have it back soon.

No better excuse to buy a new one now eh?

Todd

Also alot of the bell helmets fit your head but also has a fat head look to them. And kinda heavy. Im not saying this helmet is that way but i would try it on first.

I tried teh LS2 ones and they seemed a little heavy and ran big. I fit a medium, and usually I am a large in most makes.

I ll have to wait and go to the store locally and try one on and see how they feel. Every time I I am in there though I end up spending $100.....I bought TaiChi shortly armor gloves last time, $75 and then a underarmor mask. $100 total... lol
Todd

I here the trade center has alot of helmets.

yes. I was told buy someone that they had alot of new helmets for sale. I think it was a guy i ride with local. I went to a gun show a few years ago and i did see a motorcycle leather store.

Until recently I had 16 helmets. Have sold 4 and am now down to 12. Three are modular. I have the Revolver and it is my daily wear helmet except for cold weather.. My Nolan non-modular is my winter helmet because of the pin-lock shield. It really works on fogging.

Here are some pics using my cell phone. Not great quality but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10
I use one. I like it, you do get a good amount of noise though. I dont have a lot of experence with other helmets though.

Back