belly pan installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinnacle

Reaction score
so i received my belly pan from extracep and painted it up to match the rest of the bike i like the look of it as i have not seen many vmax up here in edmonton sporting them. i am curious though has anyone gone through the trouble of adding some mesh in the openings in the front to make them less see through and sportier looking and if so where did you get the mesh and install it......

Attachments

• DSC01093.jpg
    DSC01093.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC01094.jpg
    DSC01094.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 117
so i received my belly pan from extracep and painted it up to match the rest of the bike i like the look of it as i have not seen many vmax up here in edmonton sporting them. i am curious though has anyone gone through the trouble of adding some mesh in the openings in the front to make them less see through and sportier looking and if so where did you get the mesh and install it......

Howdy Ho neighbour. From princealbert sask. Just as far north, but farther to the east.:biglaugh: The air dam looks awsome.!!

thanx for the tip kj i"ll go to hardware store tomorrow and see what they have.....as for you my canadian brother always glad to hear from another northern vmax owner who can appreciate how little time we have to ride these bikes with such a short riding season.....

Looks great.. Can you remove it easy for cleaning?

Re: belly pan installed with some addition to it

hey rebar thanx for the compliment as for removing it's on/off in less than 10 min just remove the 4 bolts and your off to the races....so i thought i would share some pics as to what i did to it to cover up the openings as i didn't like the look of the big holes......let me know what you guys think i just have to paint it up again once the epoxy sets in the back for a day.....you guys think it might cause alot of extra drag on the bike and affect it in anyway.....not that i go full throttle very often but i'm thinking just cruising around

Attachments

• DSC01095.jpg
    DSC01095.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01100.jpg
    DSC01100.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01098.jpg
    DSC01098.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01099.jpg
    DSC01099.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 47
actually it is 20 gauge sheet metal that i drilled a lot of holes in with a drill press and shaped to fit the contour of the belly pan inside to avoid having any gaps around the outer edge.

Back