Belly Pan Installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott-4255

Reaction score
I purchased a full belly pan from FatMax last year and I put it off because it didn't have the case saver cutouts and my honey do's had priority:bang head:. I finally had the time to remove my case savers and modify the belly pan with cut outs. Well, it only took me about a year, but it's done! :punk: Here are before and after pics. I think my next mod will be Vstax (I just wish I could get them in the US) or maybe getting my scoops cromed.

Attachments

• Before BellyPan.jpg
    Before BellyPan.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 110
  • After BellyPan 2.jpg
    After BellyPan 2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 139
  • After BellyPan 3.jpg
    After BellyPan 3.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 147
Thanks, I used a dermel high speed hand saw for the cut outs. You pretty much have to take off the case savers. Then attach the belly pan and draw the cut outs then cut them out and make adjustments as need prior to painting. Here are a few pics of just the belly pan.

Attachments

• BellyPan 01.jpg
    BellyPan 01.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 47
  • BellyPan 02.jpg
    BellyPan 02.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 38
  • BellyPan 03.jpg
    BellyPan 03.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 54
  • BellyPan 04.jpg
    BellyPan 04.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 50
looks good man. hey danny i bet a black one would look nice on sallymax

Cop Runner,

Nice job on your belly pan too! :punk:Im guessing it's a FatMax one? Does the back end your belly pan rest on the exhaust? :ummm:About an 1 or 2 inches of my belly pan sits on the rear exhaust pipes and I was wondering if the heat could cause any problems?
Thanks,
Scott
IT IS A FAT MAX ! AND NO IT DOESN'T HIT THE EXHAUST , ITS CLOSE THOUGH , I DID HAVE TO TAKE A RAT-TAIL FILE & CUT A NOTCH OUT FOR MY KICKSTAND SPRING SO MY KICKSTAND WOULD GO DOWN & FORWARD ALL THE WAY ! I DON'T HAVE CRASH BARS SO IT WAS EASIER FOR ME TO INSTALL IT , KJSHOVER WAS A BIG HELP , HE TOLD ME TO MOUNT IT & TWEAK ALL OF THE BRACKETS FIRST & TIGHTEN THEM & THEN JUST TAKE OFF THE BELLY-PAN , LEAVING ALL FOUR BRACKETS TIGHT ON THE BIKE AND THEN HAVE IT PAINTED SO THEN PUTTING IT ON WILL BE EASY ! AND HE WAS WRIGHT ! GOOD THING HE DID , I'D OF HAD THE PAINT ALL FUCKED-UP !:rofl_200:BUT IF YOU INSTALL ALL OF THE BRACKETS & LEAVE EVERYTHING LOOSE , THE BELL-PAN CAN SWING FORWARD & BACK-WARDS , WHILE TIPPING UP & DOWN , AND PUT IT INTO THE POSITION THAT SUITS YOUR APPLICATION BEST ! MY TWO REAR BRACKETS ARE STRAIGHT DOWN , I GUESS MAYBE THATS WHY IT'S NOT UP AGAINST MY EXHAUST ? ITS A VERY WELL MADE PIECE ISN'T IT ?...:punk:

You guys with your belly pans should get some clear bra material installed on them. My SV1000S has a belly pan and it takes a hell of a beating down there. Most tinters have this available and it really saves the paint. I have it on the front of my G8.

Chris

You guys with your belly pans should get some clear bra material installed on them. My SV1000S has a belly pan and it takes a hell of a beating down there. Most tinters have this available and it really saves the paint. I have it on the front of my G8.

Chris
CHRIS YOUR WRIGHT , MINE IS SAND BLASTED ALREADY !...:confused2:

Chris

Chris,
Im going to take your advice.
Thanks,
Scott

Back