belly pan...yay, or nay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
I'm looking at this Belly Pan for my bike.
Questions- does it help keep the bike planted at high speeds or lift the front end and make it handle worse ? Does it cool better ? OR does it just look pretty. Please chime in and give me your thought on the ones you have used, and is it worth the money & Time. THANKS !!

belly%20pan_zpsxjivqkfl.jpg

I like them and I can't imagine why they would not help cool the engine as it looks like it directs air towards it.

I don't think the do anything for the cooling of the bike and they definitely don't make a noticeable difference in handling. Here is a pic of the one I'm running. Remember, they look cool [emoji16]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450745965.734798.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairing.
fair·ing
ˈferiNG/
noun
noun: fairing; plural noun: fairings

1. an external metal or plastic structure added to increase streamlining and reduce drag, especially on a high-performance car, motorcycle, boat, or aircraft.

Not a fan of adding more plastic body panels.

1. Something additional to remove when changing the oil filter.
2. May have to relocate the horn
3. Covers up the crash guard mounts - I use those to support or jack up the front.

Here's my chin scoop from Exactrep, had to "work-it" for it to fit though. Betcha never guess what the belly pan is made from.

Attachments

• IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 68
The piece looks wicked on the bike, flows nice with the body line. It's made of fiberglass, no problem with fiter chg as has large hole to access bottom of motor.
The non crash bar one I think us better, just trim with dremel to allow crash bars to fit. If u don't want to buy the one for crash bar, fits good just not as good as other,I know I have both.you won't regret it as bike should have come with it.

Like most things in life it is a personal thing.
I've seen those I like and those I don't.

From my experience they don't affect handling or cooling although I guess they could in extreme cases as they may divert airflow away from the crankcase.

Keep looking at pics of other BP's and eventually you will see one(s) you like.

Here's mine, bought from Ricambi Weiss. It would have fitted if one wasn't fussy but as I am it too some re-working which I suspect is common for quite a few of the aftermarket bits. I also modified it to accept the crash bars and added extensions to the rear, my first foray into glass fibre making.

Also note that they may make access to the oil filter more awkward and also viewing the oil level sight glass can be more challenging. Nothing that can't be overcome though.

picture.php

picture.php

Looks only, in my opinion, as seen in my signature pic below. I wanted to get some color down there...............

Fairing.
fair·ing
ˈferiNG/
noun

1. an external metal or plastic structure added to increase streamlining and reduce drag, especially on a high-performance car, motorcycle, boat, or aircraft.

belly
    ( bel'e )
    noun

Defination #2. the underside of an animal's body

Depending on the type of animal your Max is , I guess. Some can be a BEAST !

Mine doesn't help anything but my smile.
    If running USD front end and shorter shocke , they will scrape .

Attachments

• DSC03104.jpg
    DSC03104.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 38
Looks only, in my opinion, as seen in my signature pic below. I wanted to get some color down there...............

It was actually YOUR bike that got me thinking about it, LOL, It does add some color below for sure. Plus I like the Cargo net idea as well, so I ordered one for my bike as well.

Fairing.
fair·ing
ˈferiNG/
noun

belly
    ( bel'e )
    noun

Defination #2. the underside of an animal's body

Depending on the type of animal your Max is , I guess. Some can be a BEAST !

Mine doesn't help anything but my smile.
    If running USD front end and shorter shocke , they will scrape .

1. I can see all those beautiful lines aren't helping in any way.
    If the fairing is mounted on the frame, mounting equipment on the fairing reduces the weight and rotational inertia of the steering assembly, improving the handling.

Back