Best Duck Walker ever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duck Walker.....

It's those guys, usually newer riders, that "walk" thier feet on the ground when moving at anything less than 15 or so miles an hour...

I've seen guys do it all the way across an intersection even into 2nd gear.

I also like the guys who drag their feet as the take off... like it's cool or helps some how with balance? :ummm:

Personally guys, I don't see the big deal in doing this. What gives with making fun of someone because they are stuck in traffic and obviously bored and choose to shuffle their feet along with the slow pace? It's obvious he don't need to be doing that to stay upright.

I'd a whole lot rather see him made fun of because he's on a HD than merely walking his shoes along with the slow pace. ????

Probably not a single person here that hasn't absent-minedly done it at times. I'll be the first to put my hand high and admit I've done it. Probably within the last few weeks. And I'll guarandoubledamtee you it had nothing to do with my riding ability, or lack thereof.

just sayin [/:grin]

personally guys, i don't see the big deal in doing this. What gives with making fun of someone because they are stuck in traffic and obviously bored and choose to shuffle their feet along with the slow pace? It's obvious he don't need to be doing that to stay upright.

I'd a whole lot rather see him made fun of because he's on a hd than merely walking his shoes along with the slow pace. ????

Probably not a single person here that hasn't absent-minedly done it at times. I'll be the first to put my hand high and admit i've done it. Probably within the last few weeks. And i'll guarandoubledamtee you it had nothing to do with my riding ability, or lack thereof.

Just sayin [/:grin]

+1

its always been a pet peeve of mine! So no retraction from me.

Pick your feet up dude and put them on the pegs! ;)

I consciously never do this as its a total noob move. I stop on the ball of one foot at stops and lift it immediately after moving. I hate seeing those guys who have both feet down and drag both through intersections and around curves while piloting 800 lb Harleys.

Last edited:
The city in the vid is not far from my home. The road to it is great. Hyw 341has lots of curves and even little crosses to make serious,deadly accidents. It is more open and faster than the "Dragon".
I think this vid was taken during "Street Vibrations" ( a motor cycle event in Reno ) ...
During this week I usually park my bike and stay out of town.

Lew

That is kinda funny, to me it's a SURE sign of a rookie rider. I honestly DON'T ever do this. Although with my Fat tire on back I can stop at a stop sign and not even put my feet down at all ( at least for a few seconds) but seeing people duck walk IS funny and a true sign of inexperience to me at least. But no matter what anyone writes somebody HAS to take offense! Really guys? Lighten Up!!

Heavy traffic SUCKS . However you keep a heavy bike upright and off your own legs is O.K. with me. :punk: Quack

Heavy traffic SUCKS . However you keep a heavy bike upright and off your own legs is O.K. with me. :punk: Quack

+1 Quack, Quack

I'm getting a kick out of the dude with the monkey bars coming from the opposite direction.....now THAT boy had his hands full!! Your classic ("I can't let go of this thing to wave and don't even dare look in your direction...all I can do is just sit on this thing looking bad-ass & cool") low speed weave!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I've never seen one, but people have told me that Honda came up with an accessory for their Gold Wings - outrigger wheels that deploy at stops to keep the bike upright. Presumably intended for the more "senior" of the Wing enthusiasts. Anyone familiar with this modification? If so, when the time is right, should I adapt one for my bike, or just bite the bullet and buy a trike?

Rollie, would you be O.K. with training wheels on a Max:ummm::rofl_200:

I've never seen one, but people have told me that Honda came up with an accessory for their Gold Wings - outrigger wheels that deploy at stops to keep the bike upright. Presumably intended for the more "senior" of the Wing enthusiasts. Anyone familiar with this modification? If so, when the time is right, should I adapt one for my bike, or just bite the bullet and buy a trike?

Rollie, would you be O.K. with training wheels on a Max:ummm::rofl_200:
If they can use retractable wheels at Bonneville , and they have excellent wheel bearings , I'm cool with it. :rofl_200:

Man, that video makes me want to go to some huge bike rally so bad....NOT!

Why would you even post this vid?!

Not my thing i guess.

I can't really waddle my bike too well even if I wanted too....I'm too short. Even the slightest incline and I can't get a good enough push to even move the bike.

When I see people doing that for long stretches at a time it seems kind of noob-ish but I agree with our S.A.P.T representative here and am willing to bet everybody's "waddled" at some point. I'll do it in traffic....the kind where the car in front of you moves 5 feet, stops, moves 5ft, stops, ect. I leave it in first and just kind of drag my feet around...no point picking them up to put them down again literally a second later. Or on the highway to stretch out I'll drag my feet around for a bit.

Nice thing with the Max is I can do that without even touching the throttle....even with a Venture drive. Just one hand working the clutch, waddling my way through town.

I've been in some pretty slow traffic, and I consciously keep my feet on the pegs because the duck walk is certainly a noob move. Then again, maybe he's just tired of feathering his clutch and thought "who the hell cares what these people think!? i'm using my feet." It's DEFINITELY a noob move to scuttle your feet leaving an intersection though. Apply throttle, feet come up. That's how it works. lol

Latest posts

Back