Best mod you ever did?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Text while I ride". (Never mind the other distractions). Are you serious ? Remind me never to be in your company on two wheels. Or four, or more.
Pure genius, when do you find time to concentrate on the job in hand ? ie riding the bike or do you have an ap for that ?

Chris.

Can you tell me where did you buy this mount at... The 1 I have broke off.

Best mod was getting my Max and selling my GSXR, lol. Beyond that, probably the solid motor mounts, killed my chassis flex and got me closer to handling a power adder :)

highlighting and wider handlebars (by about 2")

Attachments

• CAM00149.jpg
    CAM00149.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 54
At the moment, it's the morleys muscle kit. Very happy. But also the solid mounts, racetech emulators ( mind that your fork brace doesn't bind the forks and cause stiction) and the ohlins shocks. Woooooo hoooooo, it sounds farkin awesome. Now that it's not sucking through a straw!!

@Biker Dash, i got a set of factory Venture solid mounts but i cant remember from where. If i remember right vmaxoutlaw.com has a print for machining them on their site if u have access to equipment. Seans probably got too.

Off subject a little but two mods I WISH my Vmax had was a gear indicator and a garage door opener.

+1 on the gear indicator. I'm very guilty of checking to see if i have an extra gear on the freeway.

You could also buy one of Sean's overdrive transmissions. You'll never wonder if you've got another gear again. There might also be a way to adapt a venture neutral switch to be a gear indicator. There will be some electrical voodoo involved, but it does have enough wires in it, though.

Todd, do you have any trouble with your phone wanting to come out of a mount like this? I was thinking about the RAM mount for the clutch master cyl with their X grip mount but don't want my phone flying out at 100mph lol

Is the od trans a 6 speed? I want a 6th gear haha. And if I got creative I could probably magic together a venture neutral switch into having a 5led readout. Hmmm
You could also buy one of Sean's overdrive transmissions. You'll never wonder if you've got another gear again. There might also be a way to adapt a venture neutral switch to be a gear indicator. There will be some electrical voodoo involved, but it does have enough wires in it, though.

Too much for a stock motor. It's one or the other unless you're running a 1500 motor.

Venture final is 10%

Todd, do you have any trouble with your phone wanting to come out of a mount like this? I was thinking about the RAM mount for the clutch master cyl with their X grip mount but don't want my phone flying out at 100mph lol

The phone is very secure in the X grip. 100 mph is not a problem. I move the mount between bikes and car and I've never had it loose its purchase.

The phone is very secure in the X grip. 100 mph is not a problem. I move the mount between bikes and car and I've never had it loose its purchase.

Thanks bud!! I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on one then, do you happen to know if the clutch/brake master cyl kit they sell fits the stock Vmax masters??

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Off subject a little but two mods I WISH my Vmax had was a gear indicator and a garage door opener.
There are ways to modify your garage door opener to run off the horn or other momentary type switch you add in.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Installing-a-Garage-Door-opener-on-your-Motorcycle/
Here is a link to a company that makes a GDO: http://www.mo-door.com/index.html
Sean also can get you setup with the Venture wiring that can trigger several types of indicators or just LEDs.

Back