Best Pads for a 91 with Stock Calipers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
What's the consensus of best brake pads for a 91 with stock calipers front and rear?

I will also vouch for that brand and grip-quotient.

And from post #36 in 1300 Winter Project thread:
I do not think there is any big advantage to going to a bigger rear rotor. Grippier pads should do what you want. Long wheelbase bikes do make more use of the rear brake than the short wheelbase sportbikes, as they have less forward weight transfer. A change in pad composition should be effective for your needs.

Last edited:
Do you happen to remember the EBC HH part number for the Front and Rear?

So people use the FA088HH on the front (x2) and the same FA088HH on the rear?

I recommend the HH front and standard on the rear (easier on the rotors and less bite to help cut down on rear wheel lockup). The full set is $100 shipped (to most U.S. locations - other areas will be higher).

Sean

I recommend the HH front and standard on the rear (easier on the rotors and less bite to help cut down on rear wheel lockup). The full set is $100 shipped (to most U.S. locations - other areas will be higher).

Sean

Sean takes the guess work out of ordering the right parts, order your pads from him and you can be assured you are getting the right parts.

An old racer's trick to stop rear wheel grabbing is to remove some of the rear caliper braking material to lessen the grip and to reduce the possibility of lock-up. You just use a die grinder to remove it, beware of particulate inhalation, much worse in the old days when they used asbestos in pad material.

Sean takes the guess work out of ordering the right parts, order your pads from him and you can be assured you are getting the right parts.

Think I have to look into this..

Sean, I know your email is floating around here someplace.. I'll find it.

Thanks everyone.

Sean

Email Sent

LOL! That's why my name and signature match! Eventually I'll turn on the @MorleysMuscle.com email (I think it's actually active but I haven't got it setup to forward to me yet).

Can someone tell me why the rear brake pad part number changes from 1993 on? The calliper itself has the same number. I thought the rear brakes didn't ever change???

Matt

They put a grove in the pad if i remember right so that required a new part number. They are all the same for all years on the rear.

Thanks Sean
I just got The 1988 set. I guess since it is The rear I will just use them instead of changing To The later ones,
It's nice to Know That I'm not a Complete idiot like one local dealer Tries To make you feet.

Matt

Latest posts

Back