Best paint for mastercylinder repaint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDB

Reaction score
What spray paint would be best for respraying chipped up black stock master cylinder?

Don’t know of anything that will stand up to brake fluid if that is what you are wanting. It is just some nasty stuff. Thinking of trying powder coat on mine when I have to do a rebuild, but don’t know if even that will last very long.

you can buy brake calliper paint -I'd like to think that is resistant to brake fluid, which is what you want.

Dam break fluid eats away at paint & powder coating eventually. Maybe epoxy paint would hold up best. I did a dot 5 experiment on my rear brakes. Flushed the system with alcohol then plenty of Dot 5. It's been 4 years now, and no issues. So the clutch and front brakes will get the same treatment when I change master cylinders.

I dont spill brake fluid and if i did i would wipe it up and use a little brake cleaner lol.

Just wanting to touch up the front from rock chips....

I think the main problem with master cylinders is the fluid can get under whatever coating is used.

Latest posts

Back