Best Replacement Headlight Bulbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Hey guys i had my headlight bulb go out on me. I Was wondering what the best replacement bulb is? Ive seen these plasma, krypton, super white extreme bright etc etc bulbs on ebay and was wondering if they are cheap junk like a lot of stuff? Anyone have experience with bulbs etc? Thanks

p.s. i did check for power and dont remember the readings but getting plenty of power just a black bulb

Last edited:
Stick with stock and then get the double headlight relay setup. The problem is the stock wiring, not the wattage of the bulb. Stay away from the colored bulbs, blue, etc.... Super white is the best as far as lighting goes.

Is it just the vmax that have all these stock electrical problems or is this just typical of a lot of bikes?

Someone ought to design a kit to replace all the wires on the vmax that would be nice.

As of right now i just want to buy a drop in bulb and was wanting advice on the best bulb that would run on stock wiring, thanks

Hi Clint,
I replaced the cheap replacement, higher wattage and less light bulb with a PIAA Super Plasma GTX and it works really well. Put one on my ZX right after I saw the very white beam. It seemed much brighter that the "90 watt" bulb I replaced the stocker with.
Also have a Kasan "Pathblazer", Its a headlight modulator that WILL get you noticed.
Lew

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back