Best Sounding Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to be able to hear all the various V-Max pipes out there on this forum. Anybody have a clue how this could be done? Also recording has to be done outside, idle first then progressing to 3-4K or something on that order. New exhaust shoppers would get good idea what to buy or what not to. You just gotta hear these twins.

while this is Mark’s full exhaust I ha to shorten it and cover the reso’s a bit. Sounded like a cammed V8

Just had to jump in on this fun, but so far I'm voting for mavgrab302 with the Marks.
Here go's my kerker with a fresh, tight ceramic pack.

Appreciate that. Not a fan of free loading/revving engines seems you arent either. Under a load she was mean. Not a fan of 4-2-1 which is probably why I am half deaf but fo love that tire

Heres mine...:
Marks 4 into 1 14" can 2.5" downturn outlet..

and my other one tried to get a better one..

I wanted the 4-1 as I believe it sounds slightly better than the 4-2, as the 4-2 you have to stand centered behind bike for best sound, otherwise you'll hear one side over the other, the 4-1, just sounds awesome from anywhere. (kerker 4-1 was my dream pipe, before I ever heard of this site, and then of course...Mark's exhaust.) ;)

T$

Heres mine...:
Marks 4 into 1 14" can 2.5" downturn outlet..

and my other one tried to get a better one..

I wanted the 4-1 as I believe it sounds slightly better than the 4-2, as the 4-2 you have to stand centered behind bike for best sound, otherwise you'll hear one side over the other, the 4-1, just sounds awesome from anywhere. (kerker 4-1 was my dream pipe, before I ever heard of this site, and then of course...Mark's exhaust.) ;)

T$

Marks is the best!!

If anyone wants to know the mods I did just pm me. Ill draw something up, although I forget the size sleeve i put over resonator (the pipe w holes) I covered all but like an inch, really not far from straight pipe to be honest, the cans just made it dound deeper. plus of course shortened them from 14” to like 7-8”. Never been a fan of heavier longer cans.

How does the Dale Walker holeshot setup rate with regard to "best sound?" I just acquired one and will be installing it as soon as I get the ceramic coating done, and wonder how folks rate it? I listened to quite a few of them and chose it. Although my last Vmax had a Kerker and I absolutely loved it, I don't love that I would have to lose the center stand and also cut the tabs.

Yes, it's a little late to be asking for consensus on how the DW sounds now, but thought since it's the topic of this thread I would ask.

To be honest, I would not expect any pipe to make this V4 sound bad...

If anyone wants to know the mods I did just pm me. Ill draw something up, although I forget the size sleeve i put over resonator (the pipe w holes) I covered all but like an inch, really not far from straight pipe to be honest, the cans just made it dound deeper. plus of course shortened them from 14” to like 7-8”. Never been a fan of heavier longer cans.
I can appreciate that,thinking outside the box[can] LOL. You had a creative vision, went for it and got them the way you imagined.
I was told my kerker 2.5" was not meant to be quiet only after I got it quiet. When I saw the costs on tip's, packing's and baffle tube configuration's, I made my own. It looks and sound's great at a fraction
of a Dennis Kirk,dynoman or Amazon cost's.

How does the Dale Walker holeshot setup rate with regard to "best sound?" I just acquired one and will be installing it as soon as I get the ceramic coating done, and wonder how folks rate it? I listened to quite a few of them and chose it. Although my last Vmax had a Kerker and I absolutely loved it, I don't love that I would have to lose the center stand and also cut the tabs.

Yes, it's a little late to be asking for consensus on how the DW sounds now, but thought since it's the topic of this thread I would ask.

To be honest, I would not expect any pipe to make this V4 sound bad...
Never too late to go to google,LOL.
I just saw a few vidio clips on the Holeshot slip-on's. The 10"Badboy's sound lean and mean as any.
That would be my choice and they look like Mark's,who was first, Dale's or Mark's?
I didn't think you could get that sound without a full header. Question is do you have to re-jet for
a slip-on that sound's that good? I would assume there are some performance gain's with that sound
difference over the comparative stock bassy whisper....?

I checked out quite a few soundbites before pouncing. I don’t know if it’s just me or what, but real life sound versus recorded sound is not always the same. At the end of the day, I’m not too concerned about it. I do have the DW full system, not just slip on’s. I fully expect to be rejetting.

It’s all a journey. This one is just a toy. I have options for yeoman duty going cross country, etc. So, some down time is not a huge concern while I experiment…

I checked out quite a few soundbites before pouncing. I don’t know if it’s just me or what, but real life sound versus recorded sound is not always the same. At the end of the day, I’m not too concerned about it. I do have the DW full system, not just slip on’s. I fully expect to be rejetting.

It’s all a journey. This one is just a toy. I have options for yeoman duty going cross country, etc. So, some down time is not a huge concern while I experiment…
Agreed, this S9 has all kinds of video enhancement setting's but just "as is" audio recording.
People have seen my bike on social media and have said it didn't have the same live sound.
So,then, everyone's bike actually sound's better than the posted audio......

Latest posts

Back