Best wet weather tires.. on stock.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FootNote

Reaction score
Alright.

I *might* have a little bit of money left over. Not nearly as much as I wanted, I was planning on getting the rear foot shifters from Morely, or his jet kit. Sadly, money flys when you actually have it and now there is only a little bit left.

One thing that I do think is function and looks. Is tires. The tires I have now still have a LOT of life, but, not really for wet weather.

I was looking at a few tires. Honestly the one that is most recommended from what I have heard is the Pilot 3's. Price is not the biggest issue, from what I have seen prices dont vary too widely. Another tire I have heard for wet weather is the Pirelli Angel. I haven't heard about this tire nearly as much as the Pilot 3 but they both seem to be good?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

-Mike

Michelin PR 3 or 2, metzeler roadtec interact z6 usually comes with good feedback. The z6 I can easily confirm and here when it rains it pours it lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Since you did mention specifically on stock, the pilot 3 will not be an option. There isn't a 15" radial tire from any manufacturer. Pilot 3 are radials, stock rear wheel needs bias. I am using the Shinko Tourmaster 230 in size 170/80 15 rear and 110/90 18 on front. They're sticky tires and 'V' rated (149mph) but need lots of weight to get balanced. Great tire in my opinion

Michelin PR 3 or 2, metzeler roadtec interact z6 usually comes with good feedback. The z6 I can easily confirm and here when it rains it pours it lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, up in Washington it never really pours, it is just always wet and damp.

Since you did mention specifically on stock, the pilot 3 will not be an option. There isn't a 15" radial tire from any manufacturer. Pilot 3 are radials, stock rear wheel needs bias. I am using the Shinko Tourmaster 230 in size 170/80 15 rear and 110/90 18 on front. They're sticky tires and 'V' rated (149mph) but need lots of weight to get balanced. Great tire in my opinion

I knew there was a hitch, I wish I could get the pilot 3's because they seem to be the hands down most recommended up here but I cant justify spending so damn much on wheels.

If I am reading the numbers right, there would not be a problem with the pilot 3 on the front tire?

all shinko tires i've used are pretty sticky in the rain.

you can't go radial front tire and bias rear. you could however go bias front and radial rear.

Problems off the bat, its a Harley wheel. Belt/chain drive. The VMax has a differential and driveshaft

Just got the same message from morely. I dont know much about wheels so wasn't sure if the wheels them self where different.

Just got the same message from morely. I dont know much about wheels so wasn't sure if the wheels them self where different.

i would use the search function and read up. you can't just grab a random wheel and plop it on the vmax.

Back