Better Horn

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did mine using an L bracket that was offered with the horn. It installed very tight and even though you can't see in the pics it doesn't touch anything. There is a bolt I removed under the bike. Make sure to use blue lock tight when you put it back. I installed a relay under the seat to utilize the original wiring. I could not find a way to cleanly run new wires. The original horn relay can not handle the amps but if you go to where that hooks up and add a 30 amp relay in between the original wires can handle the load fine.

What does the L bracket look like......dimensions? I cant make it out in the pictures.

Was on my Beamer, was a Corbin Seat ... kept my Balls toasty in Arizona 'Winter'

Aaah.. do you perhaps happen to know something equal for the VMax?
Haven’t looked for one but do sound nice on cold mornings/days...(Summer in Swe is the best 2 days all year... )

20200903_110757.jpg
I just realized, the Airpump of my horn has almost the same diameter as the Forks.... it does not look good, but it _could_ work. :)

This may be too old of a thread for a reply, but I have used the FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster horn from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DINKPQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_T1QYW2189WHRN71BP806?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
on two different bikes.

It bolts right in where the factory horn was, perfectly. I just put a little bend in the mounting tabs and the wiring terminals. Easy, cheap and sounds more like this bike should! It's very nearly the same size as factory, just with the added trumpet part.
20210310_162425.jpg

This may be too old of a thread for a reply, but I have used the FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster horn from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DINKPQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_T1QYW2189WHRN71BP806?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
on two different bikes.

It bolts right in where the factory horn was, perfectly. I just put a little bend in the mounting tabs and the wiring terminals. Easy, cheap and sounds more like this bike should! It's very nearly the same size as factory, just with the added trumpet part.
View attachment 75862

Lol, I bought the same, but low and high tone:

1615826098075.png
1615826124534.png

I already did a write up on the banshee mini horn install i liked it compared too stock horn. Needed another project to do on bike this fall so decided to install the Denali sound bomb i went with the split version compressor and horn separate just run your air line to horn and wire harness to compressor. Mounted the compressor in the empty space behind coolant over flow real easy to do take out coolant over flow bottle gives you room get a L bracket mount that to empty hole on engine block use bracket that comes with Denali horn to attach to L bracket.
You can use the rubber oil line from oil filter for support for your two wires to compressor and your air line. I used a short piece of silicone fiber glass heat protector hose to run my wires and air line through.I also used a 90 degree barbed 1/4” ID fitting to connect to horn for a clean install factory look.Only one i found was a brass one.For now i just used electrical tape for the black out look to make fitting black in the picture i see the tape was coming off a bit that will get taken care of with black paint in future. I highly recommend the Denali relay wire harness its very well put together and they use proper gauge wire also. The only thing i changed was the relay i installed a higher quality Bosh relay with a diode i mounted the relay were the ais solenoid use too be since i have the Guru reflash with ais delete i took everything off even all the hoses to cylinder heads gave me more room cleaner look also. If you take off both side covers on rad you can run your two wires from compressor that way follow the fan wires right to the plug under the left scoop you will see the plug in my picture were i mounted the relay the relay is grey i taped everything up nice hard to notice in picture. I then soldered two wires into bottom of horn fan plug for my relay trigger. Black was negative and positive was black with blue stripe.Then you can run your main wires right to battery for relay.
I used a L bracket painted it black mounted that to the factory horn mount on frame used the hole closet to exhaust. Only used one hole horn is light this way i was able to position the L bracket to get the right angle for horn placement also the horn mounts with one bolt and a rubber bushing making it easy also for horn position. I ended up with a very nice clean install horn is tilted towards the ground follows contour of Rad and stays inline of front of rad does not stick out pass rad and also horn is mounted side ways so no bugs or dirt gets into horn.
Horn is very loud and sounds great will definitely get noticed now If needed.

FDB205BA-118F-40E8-8EE9-454F79631D46.png44137A28-7A9A-4170-A001-661355917CDF.jpeg1C65804D-8A39-4FE3-BCE7-3C553114A361.jpeg7DAFEEC6-85B6-49AD-816A-3B8E80145594.jpegA5B28F7E-AC14-49CE-A91C-5E87E6713BBB.jpeg508289C0-A326-4661-B5C9-DD4C58998903.jpegD69C5888-5721-4A0A-98AA-6C42FC8A275D.jpeg664C69B7-7297-4C1D-A3B6-3A1ACFF1BE0D.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back