Beware of chase credit card email scams

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alorio1

Reaction score
I just received this email from a scammer/hacker that said;

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Customer

Thank you for scheduling your recent credit card payment online. Your payment in the amount of $1000.75 will be credited to your credit card account (CREDIT CARD) on 12/22/2014.

Now that you're making your payment online, are you aware of all the convenient ways you can manage your account online?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Verify your credit card activity. After verifying your credit card transactions we will take the necessary steps to protect your account[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To verify kindly Sign in to Online banking (I removed link)...........[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But I'm not worried at all, because I'll be paying off all my Chase accounts as soon as that Nigerian lawyer deposits the $25 Million in my checking account. LOL
[/FONT]

One thing that people need to look at....is the sender.

Here is the "sender" of some spam, that supposedly came from google, that wanted me to "verify" 3 emails.

Support <[email protected]>. Most people would see the support name, but not bother to look at the actual address, which is the dtyhb@dct(dot)com

Ive also gotten ones before from paypal....but then you look at the address....and its PPPayPPPal@gmail (dot)com. Once you look at the address....you know its false, and I always forward those onto paypals spoof division.

thank you guy's,wife said something about receiving something like this a week or so ago she deleted it.Never can be too careful.

Back