Beware of VooDoo Cycle Parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrysgmc

Reaction score
I am a long time customer of UFO cycles and I asked Mike Lees about this company VooDoo who looks to be a copy of Jons work. This was his response:

Henry

This dirtbag tried to copy our stuff when jon passed away. He makes absolutely nothing, no matter what he says all his junk is made in china. He will tell you he has a suppler here in the states but the truth is everything is made off shore by yana shiki in every back world country in the world then sold to us. The worst part about this dirtbag is he was once a friend of Jons then when jon passed away as opportunist do he took the opportunity to attempt to copy his life's work with cheap Chinese junk. But as you could imagine it doesn't work, look, perform, fit, or hold up anything like the original that Jon cornell designed and dyno tuned for peak performance. And that i personally build rite here at UFO. He has attempted to copy many of our products since Jon has passed but there's nothing his widow or I can do about it. All we can do is hope people will see him for what he is....A dirtbag opportunist that dosnt care anything about the customer or what he's selling them, Just how much money he's stealing from them.

Please feel free to let anyone that will listen know what this dirtbag is really all about and what he has tried to do. The vmax community should know the truth. The only people that can is the consumer, If I say anything at all than it sounds like UFO is whining about a new vender. We have now problem with any venders, Just thieves making cheap imitations and calling it there own.

I hope I shed a little light on things my friend.............Thanks for your support...MIKE/UFO

"STAY TUNED"

Mike Lees

UFO Performance Products
12126 York Rd. Unit -F
North Royalton,Ohio 44133
ph- 440-582-2525
fax-440-582-2525

I had the chance to by voodoo exhaust when I bought my UFO exhaust and after I did my research I found out that Jons exhaust is thicker material and ceramic coated inside and outside. And voodoo is thiner and only ceramic on the outside. The UFO exhaust Has great fit and finish. I put 14000 miles on the UFO exhaust and it still look new. I went through 4 ride's with rain. I made sure i kept it clean and it stayed looking new. I dont know what UFO slash cuts sell for now but when i called Jon and talk to him he cut me a good deal shipped to my house. And he gave me alot of tuning info Im sure you can still get that from UFO. I also bought the UFO fork brace and i feel its the best looking vmax fork brace you can get.

It would be interesting to get both parts in my hands for a comparison. I have heard almost the exact opposite story. I've got a bike I am taking off the UFO fork brace but that's minor when compared to the exhaust.

Sean

It would be interesting to get both parts in my hands for a comparison. I have heard almost the exact opposite story. I've got a bike I am taking off the UFO fork brace but that's minor when compared to the exhaust.

Sean

I have heard a quite different story as well and unfortunately I can't really believe anything that comes out of that shop in Ohio. They have in the past been masters of slander.

I never bought anything from any of them but what i heard is that Voodoo was making parts for UFO and then decided to sell directly to public, but it stands as accurate as any other story as it was what i heard so its worth what is worth.

I know for a fact that some of the parts that UFO claims to have "designed" or claim as their own are NOT their parts. It doesn't really matter if you resell someone else's parts but to slander them or say you did the design is what really gets me.

I make some parts here, I have some parts made specifically for me in a number of places, and have a number of parts I resell that are made under various labels. I try to tell it straight either way.

Sean

Sounds like a freaking soap opera " The Days of the Vboost " who cares. I have few parts from both venders & as well other venders. I'm am pleased with the parts I bought from both. If you want to get part A from one then get it, if you want to get part B from the other then get it. I just don't understand why we have to bash any Vmax vender(s). IMHO the more the merrier

All I know is what i was told by both vender's when i called and asked them about there exhaust. I called voodoo and asked how thick the pipe is and i asked ufo and i also asked about the ceramic. I was told what i was told and when i got the UFO exhaust i looked inside the pipe to make sure it was coated and it was. It felt like a good solid pipe and was nice and tight to the frame. I dident buy the voodoo so i dont know facts on it but i can tell you the UFO exhaust is a nice system.

well I have both systems one is from UFO converter delete pipes was on the GEN2 when I got it and the voodoo twin system I got a few months ago one you use the stock mufflers and is silver coated and the other one comes with the mufflers both mid pipes are made about the same the welds both look the same.. the thickness of the pipe are the same The voodoo fit perfect and are made rather nice and the coating is very good on them..
the only Difference I can see is the price oh and one says voodoo on the tip and the other says UFO I got mine from one of voodoo venders for $400 shipped and the UFO twin system is $995 plus shipping + $155 for his max tuner for fuel that no one wants.
But its up to you can buy his gen2 twin star system and his max tuner for $1150 OR
get the voodoo system for around $400 and send your ECU to Tim Nash and get it flashed for $550 and have more horsepower and a better running bike and be faster for $950 I will take mine without the UFO logo

If I remember right I was told voodoo gen 1 is stainless steal and if you want outside ceramic coating it cost more. Im with the other guy lets keep all the venders we can.

Well the VooDoo exhaust is about half the price......so I'm very curious to know if they are the same. Oh....and it's the vendor doing the bashing BTW.

Sounds like a freaking soap opera " The Days of the Vboost " who cares. I have few parts from both venders & as well other venders. I'm am pleased with the parts I bought from both. If you want to get part A from one then get it, if you want to get part B from the other then get it. I just don't understand why we have to bash any Vmax vender(s). IMHO the more the merrier

I agree also but UFO website at one time wash bashing on Morley and Tim Nash and talking shit and had it listed on his site. I have never heard anything but great stories about both of them I know and have seen what sean can do with the Vmax and I know Tim Nash has more Dyno time and tuning the Gen2 ECU than anyone.

Ya and someone on this thread works for a vender.

Ive got parts from both Sean and UFO. My preference is to work with Sean as his level of customer service IMO is MUCH better. Was kinda put off by the appearence of the welds on my Street Pro exhaust too. The fit and finish was great but as a professional welder, not thrilled with what i saw.

I bought a UFO Dragstar 4/1 and then upped-for a megaphone instead of the baloney-cut shorty the Dragstar comes-with. It took a bit of time, but I got it, and Jon was gracious to me when I called. He answered my questions, gave me good advice, and knocked a bit off everything because I bought both size tips too. I was very pleased w/the fit & finish, and shortly after I fitted my megaphone, I heard Jon had died.

I know some people didn't like him but he did me well, and gave me his time to speak to me on the phone until I was able to decide what I needed to do. It's a world economy now, and probably few products in something as-complicated as a car or motorcycle are exclusively from the same country of origin.

"Henry

This dirtbag tried to copy our stuff when jon passed away. He makes absolutely nothing, no matter what he says all his junk is made in china. He will tell you he has a suppler here in the states but the truth is everything is made off shore by yana shiki in every back world country in the world then sold to us. The worst part about this dirtbag is he was once a friend of Jons then when jon passed away as opportunist do he took the opportunity to attempt to copy his life's work with cheap Chinese junk. But as you could imagine it doesn't work, look, perform, fit, or hold up anything like the original that Jon cornell designed and dyno tuned for peak performance. And that i personally build rite here at UFO. He has attempted to copy many of our products since Jon has passed but there's nothing his widow or I can do about it. All we can do is hope people will see him for what he is....A dirtbag opportunist that dosnt care anything about the customer or what he's selling them, Just how much money he's stealing from them.

Please feel free to let anyone that will listen know what this dirtbag is really all about and what he has tried to do. The vmax community should know the truth. The only people that can is the consumer, If I say anything at all than it sounds like UFO is whining about a new vender. We have now problem with any venders, Just thieves making cheap imitations and calling it there own.

I hope I shed a little light on things my friend.............Thanks for your support...MIKE/UFO

"STAY TUNED"

Mike Lees

UFO Performance Products
12126 York Rd. Unit -F
North Royalton,Ohio 44133
ph- 440-582-2525
fax-440-582-2525"

If this is his professional correspondence I really need to know nothing else about this company for me to stay away.

I never bought anything from Jon for the last few bikes. But when ever I talked "business" with him we agreed on a whole lot. Its frustrating to be in business and I ve had people slander and lie about my company as well , to further their company. We used to laugh about it and bs a little. Jon to me was always top notch and no bull shit. He was always willing to lend me a hand.

Regardless of whether you liked Jon or not. They made products before alot of others did. And made fast bikes. There is no doubt about that. 8.99 on a Gen 2 Vmax is no slow!

Todd

Back