Big boy on a Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetta58

Reaction score
Just sold my 2004 Duece and bought a 2001 VMAX w/ 1700miles on it. Love it!!!!!!! Only problem I'm 6'1" and 240. I need some some highway/crash bars to stretch out with while cruzin. Any suggestions where I can get something preferably in black. Tanks

Congrats man, good move. have you looked in the buy sell section on the forum, sometimes they pop up there, but im sure a bunch of members might be able to help you out.
i would try Sean Morley, he might have a set for ya. one2dmax on the site

Welcome to the forum! I bought a set of kuryakyn 1-1/4 universal pegs that I clamped to the frame "down" tubes. These work great for me, and fold up when I am not using them. They work great as highway pegs. You can also buy yamaha crash bars that will work similar, but don't fold up. Also a company here in Ohio (www.seegercycle.com) sells forward controls for the vmax, but they are pricey.

I have a used set I just took off my VMAX when I installed my bellypan... I can shoot you a pic and price later if interested. Terry

The OEM bars powdercoat up great. I am not so sure how well the stainless delkevic versions will coat.

Sean

The OEM bars powdercoat up great. I am not so sure how well the stainless delkevic versions will coat.

Sean

i have a set done by sean in matte black. they look great, minus the one point i put my handguard clamps on but hey thats my fault! otherwise the finish is holding great, plus he knows his shit so he DIDN'T powdercoat where the throttle tube goes.

EDIT: nvm thought we were talking about handlebars. i have some offshoot highway bars powdercoated. my bad.

Attachments

• SSPX0426.jpg
    SSPX0426.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 22
  • SSPX0154.jpg
    SSPX0154.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 28
hey garrett you PC your two side covers or just paint them?? i like it

hey garrett you PC your two side covers or just paint them?? i like it

powder. everything black that is metal on my bike is powdered minus my rear diff (b/c its too expensive to take apart) and my lower triple (which will be when the bearing needs replacement.

Back