Big dummy me!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
I had the access door fall off the garage roof not a big deal,I thought ill just get the ladder and put it back,right?it just a piece of 3 by 3 paneling held by a couple of roofing tacks.Wait i gave my ladders away,One to my son the other to my son in law.I climed into the bed of my 2011 yota truck looked up at the now hole in the roof ,And i noticed the roof of the truck is around 4 or 5 ft away from the roof.That truck roof looks strong,I thought it's got ridges,Never even put a dent in it i thought.I got a big rubber mat ill put on there first.So here i go all 185 pounds of my ass.Eased up no problem,Being super careful not to cave it in or so i thought,stood up no noise yet gonna work,right? then Pop pop damn i thought at the same time ,I felt about a 4 inch drop in my reach.Shit i thought it would have been so much easier to have one of the kids brought me a ladder.I went ahead and nailed the 3 dollar piece of paneling back! got down,The next day took it to a body shop1300 repair went to another 1400 for them.it looked terrible bent all to shit!called a paintless dent repair meant up with them,they said 1000! not gonna get outta this cheap.Went and called another,600 went with this one.he came out and fixed it.Next trip to walmart bought me a new ladder.Total investment 675.95.all for a three dollar piece of paneling.I used to have a sign that said genius at work.now im huntin a new one that sais DUMMY"S ARE US!!What a brain fart!!

That sux. I thought at the beginning of the story it was going to lead to something falling on your v max. So at least that didn't happen.
In a related event I saw my friend cave in the windshield of his work van using it as a ladder. So your not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Sometimes i do some of the dumbest things,This was definitely one of those times.It's fixed now.They say with age comes wisdom,Im 61.AAArrrggg hhh.Last really crazy thing i done was when we were topping trees.We tied the rope near the top of a hundred ft tall tree,and tied it to a st 16 lawn and garden tractor,The guy doing the tops went about 30 ft down the tree started sawing and motioned me to start pulling as he started sawing the rope was around a hundred or so ft long.I started pulling he didnt go thru it as fast as he thought,or i started pulling a lil soon,I don't know which.Anyway,The ass of the tractor come off the ground and started backwards 15 to 20 mile an hour,the tree whipped and the top broke off and went down the other side of the tree,the faster the top came down the faster i went,When the top hit the ground my lil tractor was up against the bottom of the other side with the front end barley on the ground,with my ass still on it.with a death grip on the wheel.I lived thru that we all did.After it was all said and done,Some of the guy's got a hell of a laugh out of it.Thank you guy's.Every time i wash my truck and see the roof,Im gonna think back and say to myself you dumbass.The tractor thing was over 20 yrs ago,But every word is true.

Good story pop.
No worries. That's what I call learning the hard way. That's how I've learned most things in life. I know a lot : -)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You're not the only one out there Terry, there are countless videos of when a man said "hold my beer, watch this". I done quite a few myself, one which involved a 24' U-Haul truck going down a snowy road sideways that ended in a deeeep ditch up against a tree.:bang head: Luckily no one else was involved and I was not hurt (other than my wallet, drivers license and pride!).
We all have had "those moments" and thanks for the chuckle this morning!

Haha - I hate expensive lessons...and have had many.

I rolled a VW Beetle once and caved in the roof....it was free to lay in the back seat and give the roof a nice kick :D

Usually that hood will pop (no un intended) right back into place if it didn't crease and hopefully you won't lose paint-The only ones that will see it are basketball players.

Latest posts

Back