Bigger valves intake and exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicas

Reaction score

I want install bigger 0.04
inch (1mm) valve slider and exhaust i.e. PCW or....
Has somebody experience?
Just rebore current seats?
Or must be new corresponding those sizes?
Presuming more 5-6
RWHP other and almoast stock, jetting Factory for, headpipes, lazer racing mufflers,Y filter removed, now 135rwhp

I want install bigger 0.04 inch (1mm) valve slider and exhaust i.e. PCW or....
Has somebody experience?
Just rebore current seats?
Or must be new corresponding those sizes?
Presuming more 5-6 RWHP other and almoast stock, jetting Factory for, headpipes, lazer racing mufflers,Y filter removed, now 135rwhp

stock seats are cut bigger for larger valves then the seat and area below seat is blended.

I've done this on my XS1100. worked great with the ported head. It actually gave the bike a totally different sound too.

Fargo and Sean ,and more than likely a few others, should be able to chime in. They've been inside the Vmax far more than I have.

135rwhp? sweet. :punk: What are your goals for this motor?

my aim 150- 160 rwhp with bore 1200,
next step port head, compression 12:1,ignition fuly adjustable.
if that will be still not enought next is EFI:whistlin:

mayby WEB cams it is about 6-8 rwhp

over that I still thought about rods..
if current are strong enought for this power:ummm: or not? ...carrillo?
and on the end what will be lifetime engine and mileage:confused2: because I?m really daily rider.

my dyno
hp legend on right side, torque left
sorry for quality

Attachments

• vmax dyno.jpg
    vmax dyno.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 30
Your graph numbers seem strange and may not be an accurate comparison to our dynojet numbers. The 122 ft lbs of torque (if that is what it is) is far too high for any 1200cc engine. Even with it in NM that means a torque of 89 which is also much higher then any 1200 engine we've seen (with many more mods).

135rwhp (if that is a correct conversion to us) is very good and much higher then pretty much any bike around with stock exhaust front pipes. This also leads me to think that the output reading is different then what we use.

Having said that. Oversized valves will work fine and can be installed by a competent shop easily enough (not necessarily cheap though). Bigger cams will also help. and of course the higher compression.

Stock rods will hold up to in the 150 range without any real issues but they do need to be bronze bushed to keep from galling. An overdrive/HD oiling system is also suggested.

From our experience your numbers here would be 110-115rwhp and 75-80ft lbs of torque.

Sean

My pipe is also modified.....
Yea, mayby you are right, because I was very surprised when I saw my graph with these high numbers, torque is 89ft lbs - 122Nm, but according to operator of dyno, it is right?:confused2:. all in rwhp, I d?t know ... I will check again with him.

Before this all changes I had 108,7 rwhp.
and when made test drivin after dyno changes,
that was like day and night.....more powerfull

How I should understand "An overdrive/HD oiling system is also suggested"

We sell a kit that includes a new gear to make the pump turn approx 8% faster thus giving you more volume. Then we include a washer to put behind the pressure relief bypass making it hold higher pressure. There is a new spacer included that shims the oil pump properly to give the correct clearance on the new gearing. And finally a HD o-ring to keep the pressure in place in the primary piping (do a search on the internet for orange o-ring failure - there may even be info on here).

We sell the HD oiling system for $100. Also, I forgot that you may want to consider buying a set of ARP head studs. This allows for nearly twice the clamping torque to be applied which will keep head gaskets alive longer. They run $120 for the set.

Sean

To satariel666: HI, neighbour

I was on dyno in my city Pardubice it is about 2,5h from Harachov.
I do ?t know about any dyno close to harachov.

Latest posts

Back