Bike for Fire medic. His life is too easy! :)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too-many projects now, thanks but no-thanks. The right state, but the wrong state-of-mind.

I don't know man. That's exactly what I started with. Look at the mongrel result I've got now. Still. After almost 2 years...

That's a lot of machine for $600.

DA79F5E4-8D9E-4F75-96D5-5FBDF5ADE427.jpeg

If it runs, that could definitely drive some interest, but not from me. I suspect that one is non-functional. "Ran when parked," you-know.

6 cyl. bike is close to impossible to find. Unfortunately, I cannot buy every bike "I always wanted to buy". And I hate "furniture" bikes (with boxes attached). It is about 3 hours drive from me.

Mine seemed like a good idea at the time. I had a vision. I thought it would combine well with the CBX and the Valkyrie. I still think that. I just got sidetracked with Vmax's and SOHC 750's. It didn't help that there's a nagging intermittency in the controller. I paid a bit more for mine - $750 - but it ran so well that's what sold me.

Maybe this "season" I'll get over the hump. That's the plan anyway.

It can probably go for $10k on ebay, nice superbike!

Thanks but good grief, if I thought that I’d put it on eBay tonight. Heck, I’d be happy with a third of that. Although I don’t have any immediate plans for putting it up for sale, I have serious doubts about its marketability. Yes, there’s probably a niche contingent out there that might be interested, but it’s not a very broad one.

At the end of the day, I put it together for fun, not for profit.

I sent message asking, if they can sell for less. $300 will make me drive 2 hours one way.

The motor is solid as a rock and darn near bomb proof. But the electronics are 35 years old. I guess one could always fashion an intake and plumb a couple of Weber side drafts. Aftermarket ignitions are rare, but conversion to KZ1300 is relatively easy - and all this assumes the existing controller is dead - like mine almost is.

Come to think of it, Vmax boxes are aging fast too! Seems I've heard of (and experienced) more issues with VBoost controllers than ignition boxes. They won't last forever.

I had 86 GoldWing fuel injected, it ran perfect. I bought it with dead fuel pump, I hit it with a hammer couple times, it started working.

The bike is still there, teasing me. I offered 300. I am sure there are guys, richer than me, who can find 400... ;) Or 350...

Well, all I can say is that as tight as you are about spending on projects, you should probably let it go. To do anything meaningful with it will cost some coin.

Well, all I can say is that as tight as you are about spending on projects, you should probably let it go. To do anything meaningful with it will cost some coin.
I have 5 bikes and 5 (?) project cars on my back yard, I cannot keep buying whatever I like no matter how cheap it is.
04 VTX1800 is registered and rides OK, but I need to paint it, so it is still a project.

Latest posts

Back