Bike Lift

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your time and responses. I’ve been wrestling with a kidney stone since July and it very painfully reminded me it’s still with me on Tuesday morning. I had to be admitted to the hospital Wednesday evening and posted Thursday morning while waiting for them to squeeze me me onto the surgical schedule. It’s been a welcomed distraction to read all of your responses including and especially the inevitable side stories. I’m not a skilled nor prolific enough mechanic to justify the $ for one of the more expensive lifts. However your reviews have given me confidence in purchasing the HF lift. Thank you all.

Godspeed recovery Bro. I'll be in touch today.

The red one is my precision lift 1500 lb capacity and the blue one is the K & L . I like the height the precision goes up to. It is nice when you have a no good back and neck and want to get to something on the bottom of the bike

Attachments

• 20190821_174525.jpg
    20190821_174525.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 32
When I need to lift the front end . I only use my right wrist.And a little twist. On the grip. Works every time.

I bought a Handi Lift about 20 or 25 years ago to lift my sleds and bought the front wheel vise at the same time. I used it mainly for sleds the first 10 years and bikes after that. The CL unit shown looks exactly like mine with removable side wings to reduce the footprint in your shop. You'll love it and if you want it you better grab it as I doubt it will last long at that price. Personally I'm boycotting stuff from Covid's motherland at all costs.

Thank you Eric, everything seems to have gone well. The stent is monster uncomfortable and I feel like I’m urinating lava. Otherwise I’m glad it’s out. I missed 2 track days because of it.

Thank you Eric, everything seems to have gone well. The stent is monster uncomfortable and I feel like I’m urinating lava. Otherwise I’m glad it’s out. I missed 2 track days because of it.

Ouch. You must feel like you’ve been born again now.

It is sli
This unit appears identical to the one offered from Harbor freight. Ergo it also stems from the Italian design. (Grazia?)
It is slightly different. Look at the harbor freight one, red, vs the black widow, black. The main difference is the front wheel chock. Thats why I picked it over the harbor freight one.

Attachments

• 68892_W5.jpg
    68892_W5.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 8
  • BW-680.jpg
    BW-680.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Chock.PNG
    Chock.PNG
    931 KB · Views: 8
  • 68892_W3.jpg
    68892_W3.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, that’s the first thing I changed on mine. The HF lift does come with a pretty wimpy chock. I have actually changed mine twice.CCD463DF-7915-48B3-AD48-86CBAB854E39.jpeg3664A12C-7367-4DCC-8AB9-28D6FA6049B3.jpeg

What's AZ for if you need the Mr Buddy heater on high ? We use those in the fishhouse !! I suppose you don't have a heated garage out there, LOL.

Lol. That was the freaking coldest day of the year last year. I think it was the day after New Year’s or something. I was doing carburetors on the CBX for the second time. There is central heat out there, but it takes too long for that space to heat up. Still, it would probably be cheaper than the propane tanks that thing burns through.

Latest posts

Back