Bike not tracking straight after tipover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found my bike laying on it's right side. Typical cosmetic stuff damaged but riding it home I noticed the bars have a slight left twist to them. It's not just the bar, the top clamp is turned too. How much chance is there the forks are bent? There isn't any obvious damage. The bike felt off as soon as I started riding but I didn't notice anything until I was moving in a straight line.

+1 I'd says chance of forks bending is low.

The bars will take the brunt of the fall followed with the clamps.

As ^^^ says, undo the clamps, align and then tighten, not sure but I'd expect it's probably done with the front off the ground.

The bars are steel so provided there's no creasing, oughta be safe to straighten them.

BTW What caused the tip over?

+1 I'd says chance of forks bending is low.

The bars will take the brunt of the fall followed with the clamps.

As ^^^ says, undo the clamps, align and then tighten, not sure but I'd expect it's probably done with the front off the ground.

The bars are steel so provided there's no creasing, oughta be safe to straighten them.

BTW What caused the tip over?

I think someone being a jerk. Left bar end mirror was broken...that doesn't happen with a right side fall. I have a gps that texts me when the bike moves. I walked out to the parking lot as soon as it alerted, 15-20 seconds at the most. Nobody was there. I would think if someone had backed into it, they would have stopped to see what they hit. Thanks for the tips guys.

hopefully just twisted in the clamps, loosen them off and re-align them

Well everything is back to normal...well, with the forks, I mean. Lifted the front, loosened triple bolts, headlight mounts, axle pinch bolts, fender bolts....probably overkill but I didn't want anything contributing to the binding. I might be imagining it but the handlebar looks off a bit. Got a pro taper bar on the way.

it's a heavy bike so it could bend the bars a bit if they hit down

Back