Bike Shipping

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldo 5374

Reaction score
Aloha Boyz,
Newbe here...I want to ask for some info. I have sold my Goldwing to a guy on the mainland & need to ship it to Michigan. Does anyone know of a shipping company that ships bikes? I tryed to tell the guy to let me ship to Cali & he ride to Mich but so far he said NO, just ship to me. So if anyone can help me out that would be GREAT.
I haven't had my max very long so am still getting used to it, I got it on 3-1-10 & it is a 93 with 25k on it. I swear every time I get on this bike I get this grin that last for days. This sucker pulls like hell, to day I dusted 2 of those 30-40k custum jobs & some kind of sport bike. Not sure what kind of bikes cuz all I was doin was looken at them in my mirrors:clapping::clapping::eusa_dance: this is soooooo nice. Any way if any of you guys can help me ship my wing that will be great. Don

Ehhh.....that's a toughie, and it won't be cheap. I've always just ruled out bikes that are farther away than I'd be willing to drive to go pick them up. Heard lots of horror stories from bike shipping, mainly, damage sustained in transport.

JC Motors is one of the big names for motorcycle shipping, and they offer service from Hawaii to San Diego. Their site lists the price as "starting at $825", but if it needs to go to Michigan it'll be easily double that. You can go to motorcycleshippers.com and get a quote.

You're kinda stuck, because even if you wanted to "DIY", the price of a plane ticket to CA, the time/gas to ride it to Mich, and the ticket home would likely negate any savings from not shipping it the whole way.

But if the buyer is paying for shipping (as I hope you agreed), what's it matter? Call for pickup and tell them to bill the recipient. If they won't do that, get the best quote you can, add 10%(quotes always seem to be a bit low), and request payment from the buyer.

I had a bike shipped with JC motors, and was happy with it. If they'll ship from the island to MI, I wouldn't hesitate using them.

Aloha,
JC Motors wants me to get the bike to Ohau Different Island before they will touch it. I'm looking for someone to come to my door & pick it up & delever it to new owners door, of course the new buyer will pay ALL charges. Don

Well, don't that suck....can't exactly ride it over there. Are there any shipping companies on the island you live on? Maybe then you could ship it to Ohau and have JC take over.

Back