Bike stalling out at idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Checked all possible corrosive connectors and cleaned them.
*soldered the well know crimp spot
*mounted a better RR http://tiny.cc/bs5giw (on same place behind footrest)

Now Ive got 13+V even with fan and as good as no stalling at idle :D
Much better now

Hey thanks every one I got the voltage up to 12.8v with the bike hot and fan running, blinker going and brake light on. Just at normal idle I have 13.5v and if I give it just a little throttle it jumps up into the 14.3 to 14.5 range. I took about a half hour ride and no problems with stalling out.............:biglaugh:
Hi leecifer, can u help me?

I was caught in a monster rainstorm and now have these symptoms. Thanks for sharing the fix. I think I have to do this now.

What are your problems on the bike?

The next day, after I cleaned the bike for 3 hours from the rain/dirt, I went for a "dry off" ride and it started to run rough under 1500 RPM.

I thought maybe a vacuum leak. Not sure now.

Also it always has "coughed" every once in a while when under 1500 RPM. I think that is a vacuum leak.

Be careful when washing your vmax. I learned the hard way. Got my dyna cdi box wet. It never worked again.
It's a vmax. It's not a car .
Hand wash (carefully)
No power washer.

Agreed, but God did the power washing for me the day before at 60 MPH, then down to like 35 when I could not see. My wash was at most a light sprinkle.

For the first ride of the season I did not choose the correct day.

I was really surprised it kept running. It's not a submarine

Last edited:
My good for nuthin 2 cents is: this happens to my ‘18 gen2 as well. The fix is, taking it to the yammie dealer and having the motor synced. I’m guessing it’s the equivalent of having the carbs synced on a gen 1? I don’t know.

Latest posts

Back