Bike tools...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman1961

Reaction score
Morning Gents,
Where is a good place to obtain motorcycle tools such as a carb sync unit?

thanks again as always :punk:

D

I just watched a video on the Motion Pro unit... looks great but may need optional adapters for Yamaha? Thoughts?

:biglaugh:

D

+1 Morgan Carbtune. Don't have to overly stress out about dropping it (which, even as meticulously careful I am, I did once :bang head:) and spilling fluid. No adapters necessary, just push a tube over the synch ports. Although it does come with adapters--a couple of buddies have borrowed mine to synch up the throttle bodies of their R1 and ZX14.

As far as a tool, a ball peen hammer is a must.

I have both the Motion Pro & the Carbtune. I prefer the carbtune. I've had my Motion pro for several years and I ordered my carbtune about two months ago from across the pond and it only took like 6-8 days or so. Don't hesitate to order from them. I got the pouch with it. It comes with everything needed to sync the carbs. No other adapters needed. After everything it was like $108.00 total.

Shane

Is there anywhere in the US That I can purchase a carbtune?

I've seen some being sold State-side, but don't think you'll get it cheaper than ordering from Morgan direct. although, i do recall reading a recent thread not to long ago stating that they had found some cheaper than from the manufacturer, but not by much. mine came in about 10 days. delivery is gonna vary due to customs and distance.

here's a california retailer: http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycles/MORGAN.html
didn't see how much they charge for shipping, but, i'm willing to bet that if you order from morgan directly (at the current exchange rates: $108 shipped), you essentially get that pouch for free. (you'll want that pouch).

Oh and I ordered the overseas one ... w the bag :biglaugh:

Good for you... I did the same; very nice tool & storage bag. I've attached a 2 pg summary based on Mark's previous posting on how to sync the carbs using the CarbTune unit. Hope it helps .

Attachments

• Carb sync procedure sept11.pdf
    407.3 KB · Views: 9
I sell the motion pro units but prefer to steer customers to the Morgan units.

There is no fluid to get sucked up in the Morgan tool. If you first start a new engine or rebuilt carbs one could be off enough to suck the fluid up before you could make the adjustments.

I use a digital tool myself but it's more expensive then the average guy needs to buy for home use.

Sean

I have a Morgan Carbtune Pro and I must say you can't go wrong with it - those sticks do a great job and defo no probs with any fluid evaporating or getting sucked in.

Back